Talk

Advanced search

I'm being silly again!

(18 Posts)
mixi82 Sun 09-Feb-14 16:02:31

I'm almost 18wks and have my anomaly scan on 18th February but for whatever reason I feel like I'm not pregnant. Although tummy is starting to get bigger, I don't feel the little gas bubbles like I used to. I'm starting to think these were only really gas in the first place. DP is away now for a week abroad so I have no one to vent onto, in a nice way I mean. How can I reassure myself everything is ok?

mummytobejuly2014 Sun 09-Feb-14 16:23:54

drinking caffeine/coca cola causes my little un to make itself known. im 18wks and rarely have caffeine since I found out. altho too much caffeine daily isnt great for baby ive heard

grobagsforever Sun 09-Feb-14 16:46:03

Drinking ice water might also do the trick. My 18 week er also responds to loud music! Second pg though so I feel more.

sambababy Sun 09-Feb-14 17:27:08

mixi82 is this your 1st? I think it's really common for people not to feel movement still at this stage. Like you said, it could've been gas lord knows I had a lot of that. I felt very occasional tiny taps between 17-18wks but wasn't 100% sure it was the baby til a week or so later. Try not to worry smile

mixi82 Sun 09-Feb-14 23:01:46

Yes samba this is my first.

Just getting panicky I guess with the scan coming up in just 9 days. So is this normal not to feel anything? I am getting bigger so I guess that's some reassurance. My mum had a feel and swears she could feel something, she had 3 kids but surely I'd feel it inside more than she would on outside?? I think maybe she was just trying to make me feel better bless her

LastOneDancing Mon 10-Feb-14 06:59:18

I had a quiet period around 18 weeks, so I called the midwife and got her to do a Doppler.
Could you see if you can see her today? It was very reassuring.

mixi82 Mon 10-Feb-14 07:13:01

I have to work away Mon-Fri from home but been recommended to have a temp MW near work. May book an appointment this week just for reassurance like you said. Am I worrying too much for a first time mum though? Everything likely to be ok isn't it?

somedizzywhore1804 Mon 10-Feb-14 07:26:19

Exactly the same position as you and scan on 18th as well. I've been very ill throughout this pregnancy - first baby- but even heard the heartbeat on weds with midwife and am still worried. She said everything felt fine but I'm worried anyway. Still don't look pregnant, still don't know if feelings I've had are gas or baby, still not convinced everything is ok.

Just trying to relax. Easier said that done I know.

LastOneDancing Mon 10-Feb-14 07:32:44

Everything is very, very likely to be fine smile but if it would reassure you, it takes 2 minutes to speak to the MW and listen to the heartbeat.

I found a huge weight came off after the 20 week scan - you are reassured that there's nothing hugely wrong and kicks get stronger and more frequent.

It's hard not being able to see what's going on and having very little control (other than not smoking drinking etc) over your baby's wellbeing, but try and have faith - your body is made to do this very special job x

mixi82 Mon 10-Feb-14 10:19:25

Thanks everyone just so nervous about the next scan. I've made an appointment with temp MW near work for Thursday so at least I can relax a bit for the weekend. If I ask her to check heart beat, she wouldn't say no would she?

sambababy Mon 10-Feb-14 14:24:52

I should add that I couldn't feel anything from inside (or didn't notice) until probably 20wks or later. At 17-18wks I could only feel the taps if I lay down on my back for a while with my hands low on my belly, and even then it wasn't often. I think it depends on a lot of things. Your baby probably just moved position since you felt those flutters.

mixi82 Wed 12-Feb-14 10:32:05

Seeing a MW near work tomorrow and going to ask her to check heartbeat. I was worried yesterday as I went to the loo, sorry if tmi, but I wiped after a wee and the tissue was red bloody. Not a huge amount and I've had no pains. I always wear a panty liner anyway and nothing soaked in after a few hours. After my evening shower I had some brownish discharge though. I'm pretty sure it's nothing but adds to the worry you know!

x0gawjus0x Wed 12-Feb-14 10:54:48

I didn't feel much untill 22 weeks x

mixi82 Thu 13-Feb-14 16:31:04

So went to MW today. She checked for heartbeat and everything good smile

She said though, because I have had a bleed and negative blood type, I need to go to the labour ward tomorrow to get an Anti-D injection. They're also going to check for the cause behind the bleed but she said if I haven't had intercourse recently(which I haven't) then it's possible that the placenta is lying low and that causes bleeds sometimes. Will keep updating on progress if everyone wants to know??

sambababy Thu 13-Feb-14 22:10:38

Glad to hear all is well!

LightTripper Fri 14-Feb-14 08:33:48

Use let us know mixi! Glad you got some reassurance xx

LightTripper Fri 14-Feb-14 08:34:06

Yes, not use!!

mixi82 Fri 14-Feb-14 19:19:51

So had my anti-D injection and asked a flood of questions! MW said that so long as I didn't have a heavy bleed and with no cramps then I'll be fine. Also said that if there was a concern then I would have been sent to A&E straight away. I asked her why I was having these light bleeds and she said sometimes there is no definite answer, shrugged and said sometimes we just bleed! Is that a normal response?? They didn't seem interested in checking my urine despite finding blood in it yesterday. They pretty much stabbed me and sent me on my way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now