Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any tips for 2nd pregnancy

(4 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Sun 09-Feb-14 11:41:10

I'm currently 5wk pg with dc2.
Ds is 8m and currently playing with some toys on my bed while I rest. Felling very tired, queasy and dizzy. DH at work till 4. He is however getting more active, and will soon be walking/crawling etc.
any tips for keeping him entertained while I rest? I feel so guilty that I don't want this pg to affect him.
We came to bed so we could both nap when he did, but he only had 40 mins.

GingerRodgers Sun 09-Feb-14 13:27:12

Your little boy won't remember this period of time so do what you need to get through the day. Rest when he does, have plenty of snacks in (for him and you). I have a box/bag of toys in each room so no matter where I drop am there's always some entertainment for them.

SweetPeaPods Sun 09-Feb-14 13:44:22

That's a good idea about toys in every room, thank you.
This morning he was playing with bath toys in my bed!

Vespar7 Sun 09-Feb-14 17:48:40

I'm 15 weeks and my DD is 15 months and I sleep with her in the afternoons on a mattress in her room. I find she sleeps longer when we are together. When she wakes up we play in bed with a few toys I have kept by the mattress. Then I let her play in her room while I am watching her from the mattress. Very lazy I know but she has fun and I get some rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now