Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Scan again at 16 weeks??

(3 Posts)
JustDanni Sun 09-Feb-14 10:39:46

Hey folks.
We had a scan a few days ago and were dated at 13 weeks.grin
Baby looks healthy and very active but when I was about to leave I was told by receptionist that I would be in again at the middle of march for a second scan. That's placing us at around 16 weeks. I thought my second scan was at 20 weeks!
I have been placed on the Red Pathway by my midwife. Is that maybe why im getting a second can early?
Im not really concerned but I am a little curious!

moobaloo Sun 09-Feb-14 11:51:47

Congratulations!

You're right your next scan would normally be 20 weeks but if you're classed as high risk then maybe they'll do one at 16 weeks? I don't actually know so hopefully someone who knows a bit more will be along soon! Maybe give your midwife a ring and ask?

squizita Sun 09-Feb-14 11:56:40

It's to do with your pathway, yeah- I'm on a pathway with loads of scans too. They said don't worry everyone on your pathway will get the same scans- doesn't mean a problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: