Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kidney failure

(5 Posts)
Sammie21 Sun 09-Feb-14 00:08:40

Hi,
Im 24+5 days pregnant with my second. I have stage 4 kidney failure and was diagnosed in oct 2013. This is the first time I've said it out loud. :/ has anyone been in this situation? Feel alone and scared. sad

usmama Sun 09-Feb-14 01:04:46

No experience to speak of but sending you a hug. Am sure you'll be under joint care of renal docs and obs, in which case you are in good hands.

Sammie21 Sun 09-Feb-14 01:12:07

Thank you for the reply. I am under both. Xx

Inglori0us Sun 09-Feb-14 07:26:17

I had serious liver & kidney probs with my first pregnancy. As you will know these conditions HATE pregnancy. The Nhs combined care I received was brilliant. And it was a huge relief both physially and emotionally to get my dd out (37 weeks induction).
Just take a day at a time.
My local hospital kept a very close eye on me from 30 weeks onwards. I visited the fetal assessment unit daily for checks/blood tests. On the plus side it was better than being an inpatient and I got to know all the staff so when I had my baby I think I got extra special treatment!
Best of luck. xx

Aoifebelle Sun 09-Feb-14 07:52:48

Hi sammie that sounds pretty tough. I suppose the good news is you have made it to 24 weeks. From here on in it is about keeping you as healthy as possible and cooking the bean a bit more. Hopefully you will find others in the same or similar boat to you. All the best x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now