Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Kidney failure

(5 Posts)
Sammie21 Sun 09-Feb-14 00:08:40

Hi,
Im 24+5 days pregnant with my second. I have stage 4 kidney failure and was diagnosed in oct 2013. This is the first time I've said it out loud. :/ has anyone been in this situation? Feel alone and scared. sad

usmama Sun 09-Feb-14 01:04:46

No experience to speak of but sending you a hug. Am sure you'll be under joint care of renal docs and obs, in which case you are in good hands.

Sammie21 Sun 09-Feb-14 01:12:07

Thank you for the reply. I am under both. Xx

Inglori0us Sun 09-Feb-14 07:26:17

I had serious liver & kidney probs with my first pregnancy. As you will know these conditions HATE pregnancy. The Nhs combined care I received was brilliant. And it was a huge relief both physially and emotionally to get my dd out (37 weeks induction).
Just take a day at a time.
My local hospital kept a very close eye on me from 30 weeks onwards. I visited the fetal assessment unit daily for checks/blood tests. On the plus side it was better than being an inpatient and I got to know all the staff so when I had my baby I think I got extra special treatment!
Best of luck. xx

Aoifebelle Sun 09-Feb-14 07:52:48

Hi sammie that sounds pretty tough. I suppose the good news is you have made it to 24 weeks. From here on in it is about keeping you as healthy as possible and cooking the bean a bit more. Hopefully you will find others in the same or similar boat to you. All the best x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: