Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've just inserted 2 capsules into my vagina...

(19 Posts)
luckiestgirlintheworld Sat 08-Feb-14 23:41:46

Trying the evening primrose oil against the cervix option. I'm 40+4 and have heard it helps soften the cervix.

And I say "I've"... I couldn't actually reach so my DH kindly volunteered.

I'm hoping it won't end up too messy. Anyone had any experience with this?

Catsize Sat 08-Feb-14 23:53:16

No, but likely to head down that route next week, so paying attention. Also, anything definitive on how many mg per day, orally or vaginally?

luckiestgirlintheworld Sat 08-Feb-14 23:59:05

Well I accidentally bought 300mg capsules which I think is very low, because most sites seem to say you can take a couple of 1000mg capsules a day.
So I'm just going to take 3 x 300mg orally and 2 vaginally a day I reckon. We'll see!

5madthings Sun 09-Feb-14 00:03:30

I did this, yes its messy, put a pad on before you got to bed!

5madthings Sun 09-Feb-14 00:03:58

And lie with a pillow umder your bum so it stays in place.

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 09-Feb-14 00:07:44

So does the casing dissolve completely? Or will this come out onto the pad? Not really sure what to expect!

extracrunchy Sun 09-Feb-14 00:11:23

Haha lucky DH!
I'm seconding a pad - don't be surprised if you think your waters have gone during the night, there's a lot of "residue"...
Didn't work for me, just gave me thrush (soz) but have mates who've sworn by it. Good luck! grin

extracrunchy Sun 09-Feb-14 00:11:43

And yes casing dissolves

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 09-Feb-14 00:17:53

Yeah I'm risking the thrush- I had heard that could happen, I'm just hoping it won't!

And DH is feeling very lucky today- I used him for his sperm twice this morning, and now this! (I read about prostoglandins and thought I'd give it all a try)

extracrunchy Sun 09-Feb-14 00:25:26

Hahaha I did the same - DH couldn't believe his luck grin

5madthings Sun 09-Feb-14 00:25:34

I didnt get thrush, yes the casing dissolves. Its just umm leaky...

Cariad007 Sun 09-Feb-14 07:42:22

Does it really help? I asked a midwife about it and she said don't do it, but didn't specify why. From the research I've done (ie Google!) it seems that some say to insert it and others say to take it orally.

HopeS01 Sun 09-Feb-14 08:11:53

I tried it. Agree with all other posters abut the pad.
Didn't work for me and left me with trust.

Good luck though, I hope it works for you x

HopeS01 Sun 09-Feb-14 08:12:28

Trust?! blush *thrush

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 09-Feb-14 11:12:31

Well Iv woken up with very minimal leaking- I hope they have actually dissolved?! I did go for a wee about five times in the night though so it may have come out then. Hmmm.

Rockchick1984 Sun 09-Feb-14 15:33:39

I did this last time and it seemed to work for me, am 37 weeks and have started now with 1 low strength one each night and will increase at 39 weeks.

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 09-Feb-14 15:49:26

For everyone who's tried it, did you all get a lot of leakage the next day? Iv had nothing and am slightly worried they're still in there undissolved. Or is that just real paranoia?

willitbe Sun 09-Feb-14 18:35:29

I did not get lots of leakage afterwards, I did not notice anything much but a large bloodied show that following morning! Did another the following night and baby was born 7.30am that morning, so can't really comment regarding amount of leakage for that second night!!!!!

For my first two I tore when giving birth, with this one I did not, even though nearly 2lbs heavier, I attribute this to the softening done by the EPO capsules internally.

Rockchick1984 Sun 09-Feb-14 21:11:08

I wouldn't say a LOT of leakage - think about the size of the capsules, and allow for a bit to absorb, there's not a huge amount there really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now