Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scented body lotion?

(7 Posts)
Keenoonvino Sat 08-Feb-14 22:19:12

I've just found out I'm pregnant again. I'm a recurrent miscarriage case ( x 4) and one DC.

I'm terrified of anything going wrong yet again and taking every single precaution. So I'm wondering...is scented body lotion ok to use? I was just slathering it all over my legs when I realised it could be bad for me.

Keenoonvino Sat 08-Feb-14 22:23:02

I suppose what I want to ask is could it contribute to miscarriage? Please don't laugh at me....

dizhin79 Sat 08-Feb-14 22:27:48

I'm thinking you should ask this in the pregnancy loss section in body and soul section, in terms of advice about anything to do with mc, there will be lots of support the x

firstbaby01 Sat 08-Feb-14 22:30:43

I have never heard of that before but i just assumed people advised to avoid it as your skin could be more sensitive in pregnancy? If your looking for a new moisturiser i have been using Cussons Mum&Me Bump body lotion and it smells lush! Its on offer in Asda at the moment in the baby and toddler event too smile i have the shower creme and the body butter too but i havn't needed to use the body butter yet as the normal moisturiser is fine

firstbaby01 Sat 08-Feb-14 22:31:50

Oh and congrats smile

squizita Sat 08-Feb-14 22:38:28

No, it won't cause miscarriage. smile But as others have mentioned, strongly scented products can cause a rash as pregnancy can make skin sensitive. You can even dye your hair! Have you read Prof Regan's book? It is great for myth busting.

There's a thread on this board for 'pregnant after miscarriage' - we're all in the same worried boat, it's a great comfort. www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1967145-PG-after-MC-sticking-with-posifrickintivity-today-we-are-pregnant

Keenoonvino Sat 08-Feb-14 22:43:06

Thanks all. smile

squiz I looked on the miscarriage board in conception but I felt like it was making me more anxious, and giving me more things to worry about that hadn't crossed my mind!

I'll check out the one above though. Perhaps it will be the go to place for advice and to ask silly questions like this one! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now