Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity bra or sports bra?

(17 Posts)
lj123 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:38:37

Hi, I have my 12 week scan Tuesday! I'm keeping everything crossed this baby is here to stay!
I woke up this morning and all of a sudden my boobs are hurting more than before and my mind was racing down the bra isle!
Do I go all out and spend on a maternity bra or do I but a few sports bras?
Love to hear what you guys are thinking! grin X

dats Sat 08-Feb-14 21:44:50

I got a twin pack of black/white sports bras from m&s at about 12 weeks I think. I'm now 29+4 and they are still comfy and wearable, so hopefully can hold out until I need a nursing bra (whatever that is!).

I am also wearing fetching bra extenders as well. Godsend.

smile

lj123 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:47:46

Sounds good to me grin I was hoping someone would say sports bra lol would be much cheaper! I think nursing bras are a breast feeding gadget! Lol with hooks etc all over the place to make an easy exit for the boob lol gringrin

firstbaby01 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:48:19

I wouldn't bother with a maternity Bra just yet. Im 18 weeks and have gone up 3 sizes already (and they are still growing!!). I have just been buting the cheapy £4 bra's in primark and was going to wait until my bump got a bit bigger before in invest as thats when people have said their rib cage has expanded.
Hope you find something a bit comfyer!
and congratulations smile

firstbaby01 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:49:26

** Buying lol

dats Sat 08-Feb-14 21:52:22

Hehe, it's all so complicated! Assuming bf-ing works out, I'm sure to end up flashing my norks all over the shop, while I master getting them in and out. The glamour never ends grin.

Good luck for Tues, hope you get a good view + congrats grin

lj123 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:53:16

Maybe the best purchase is an adjustable hammock! Hahaha grin

Plateofcrumbs Sun 09-Feb-14 07:59:16

Wouldn't bother with maternity bras yet, just buy cheap and comfy as your size may keep changing.

Sports bras good for comfort but don't always look great under clothes. I've just found some non-underwired t-shirt bras in M&S which hit the mark in terms of being both comfortable and giving clean lines under your clothes.

peeapod Sun 09-Feb-14 08:11:24

sports bras.. from asda, primark, tesco. 4 pound each or so and theyl only last you a few weeks (its the case for me)

McBaby Sun 09-Feb-14 08:39:50

I can't personally think of anything worse than wearing a sports bra as they are so restrictive and breasts can be so sore.

Bravado body silk nursing bras are amazing and come in s,m or l. I have worn mine at night time through nursing my DD for 13 months and just moved back in to them
During pregnancy again.

They do give enough supprort while pregnant and I am a 32hh and usually like no elastic and lots of wire to holde in place.

PenguinsDontEatKale Sun 09-Feb-14 08:42:07

I just wear normal underwired btas in bigger sizes.smile

PenguinsDontEatKale Sun 09-Feb-14 08:42:22

*bras

mummytobejuly2014 Sun 09-Feb-14 08:47:05

I got bra extenders to get a bit more wear out of the bras I have before picking up a few cheapies at outlets & sales. was a 30 back now 32 at 18wks which can be a little snug, bra extenders are great little things. inly 99p ish on ebay

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 09-Feb-14 09:04:41

It depends how sore you are. A combination of (large) sore breasts and ridiculously sensitive nipples meant that sports bras just did not cut it for me during the day. I bought a lowest impact sports bra to sleep in and a Miriam Stoppard nurture for day. It was the only maternity bra that made my boobs look normal under clothes and I wore it to death over the next 9 months.

Expectingtwins1975 Sun 09-Feb-14 09:14:27

I second the suggestion to try and buy cheap ones - I'm 19 weeks and have gone through 3 different sizes (and several new bras). I still like to wear underwired ones during the day but as soon as I get home from work I stick on one of the 'comfort bras' I bought from asda maternity for £6 - they are a godsend - boobs now hurt so much less

lj123 Sun 09-Feb-14 10:35:16

Last time I got measured I was a 36E so ideally if they grow even more a hammock will be in place lol
This is my 5th pregnancy but has to be my first baby so thanks for all the good lucks smile Tuesday will be a nerve wrecking day! X

Snowlet Sun 09-Feb-14 11:25:00

I got two nursing bras from Amoralia that I am using as maternity bras right now, and then can also (obvs) use for nursing. Bought two wonderful sleep bras from them too, that I sometimes wear during the day.

As a side note, also just got one of those jeans extender panels that hooks onto your button and they are the BEST things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now