Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone expecting twins in August 14

(10 Posts)
Hayporter Sat 08-Feb-14 10:09:09

Just found out I'm expecting identical twins in August if anyone else is expecting twins and wants to chat then get in touch or anyone that can offer any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks x

Amo101 Sat 08-Feb-14 10:22:40

I'm expecting triplets - officially due 3rd August but will probably be more likely born in June.
They are identical twins and a singleton.

I don't have much advice but there is a multiple births forum in the parenting section which may offer more advice.

jammiecat Sat 08-Feb-14 13:59:28

I'm expecting non-identical twins in about 7 weeks. I can definitely recommend TAMBA - www.tamba.org.uk/ which has loads of really helpful information. If you join you also get discounts and access to their forum.

Other than that do post questions here or on the multiples board.

Expectingtwins1975 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:44:26

Hi - I'm expecting b/g twins in June - can second the tamba recommendation. I attended their preparing for parenthood course (only costs £7) and was really helpful to a first timer like me.

Rootvegetables Sat 08-Feb-14 19:50:21

Hello, I'm expecting twins in August- isn't it mad!?

Rootvegetables Sat 08-Feb-14 20:03:22

I've had a couple of weeks to get used to the idea and now am delighted there's going to be two, have a look at the multiples threads as they are all nice and positive about having twins and made me feel really lucky. Have you got a big bump? Mines huge so everyone knows now as it's so obvious, it's much more uncomfortable than with my first pregnancy already but my sickness is subsiding. How are you feeling?

neversleepagain Sat 08-Feb-14 22:18:16

Congratulations smile

My twins are 16 months, having twins is great.

Hayporter Sun 09-Feb-14 10:10:35

Thanks everyone, I'll check out the multiples board.
Rootvegetables when are you due? I'm due on 31st August. I've got quite a big bump but I was pregnant with twins before and unfortunately lost them at 20 weeks, then two months later I'm pregnant with twins again I can't believe it. So I think my bump is a bit bigger maybe because I didn't lose the weight quick enough from last time. Last pregnancy I didn't have any sickness etc this time I'm absolutely exhausted and completely off food!! I keep feeling sick but hopefully it will go in a couple of weeks. I'm so pleased someone else is due around the same time �� x x

Congratulations all def look out for local twins groups i know of 2 in leicester n both very supportive

get as much help as possible even if someone cooking you meals

enjoy the rest of your pregnancies

Rootvegetables Mon 10-Feb-14 14:56:03

I'm due on the 14th hayporter, so I might sneak into July, I think it might be quite hard work being so enormous in the summer! I'm sorry about your previous loss, that must make this very hard, I'm very anxious too but I'm sure we have no reason to worry. You are obviously meant to be a mummy to twins! I've been pretty sick although I've had more good days than bad for the last couple of weeks, I'm trying to drink lots. My midwife said it's perfectly okay just to sleep and rest as much as possible which has made me feel less guilty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now