Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Third labours??

(8 Posts)
katster37 Fri 07-Feb-14 21:40:30

I know this has been done before... But I've heard a lot about third labours being they most difficult. With my first two, the labours were...
1. Extremely painful, but 3 hours start to finish, agony agony though, small tear and went into shock after
2. 1 hour 15, lovely, again no pain relief, really quite lovely.
Scared a third could be a different story...

willitbe Fri 07-Feb-14 22:41:10

I was told by my midwives that third labours are not more difficult just more unpredictable, in other words can be much easier or much more difficult than previously, can be much longer or much shorter, they are just unpredictable !!!!!

For me my third was quickest, easiest and biggest baby I had! Definitely not worse.

NaturalBaby Fri 07-Feb-14 22:44:48

My 3rd was very unpredictable - I thought I had it sussed after 2 very quick and straightforward labours but had on/off labour for 2 days 3rd time round. When it eventually got going then it was perfect.

mysister Fri 07-Feb-14 22:48:30

Very very good,3-4 hours start to finish,went from 3 cm to delivery in one h,but is the one I remember as most painful(or maybe is just the most recent!)

woodhj Sat 08-Feb-14 11:57:34

Im having my third and live 45 mins away from hospital. My second was all over in the blink of an eye (or so it felt) 3 hrs and he was born. A little worried baby number 3 will be born in the back of the car!!
All my pregnancies have been very different so expecting all deliveries to be just as unique, as long as baby is ok im happy.

Mumof3xx Sat 08-Feb-14 11:58:43

First two slow labour for days then full labour 12 hours

Third 5 hours from first twinge to her being in my arms

It was amazing

lucyfluff Sat 08-Feb-14 12:38:46

My third was a little pickle but very quick once labour had started like the other two.

He was ten days late, needed three sweeps to kickstart it, contractions through the day (mild) until 8.30pm....born at 11pm. Smallest out of them all at 6lb 11 smile

My mw had said all along number three are always naughty!!!

Good luck op.

ImBrian Sat 08-Feb-14 13:47:21

My first two were very straight forward. My third one was totally different, my waters broke but contractions wouldnt start properly so they induced me. Being a total wimp I had an epi which resulted in a ventouse due to inability to push. Tbh though it was my least painful labour and pretty straight forward. The 4th was much more complicated ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now