Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

NCT Sleepyhead

(6 Posts)
greentshirt Fri 07-Feb-14 18:01:49

Has anyone tried one of these and what did you think? How did you find it?

Im considering one but not at the £100 price tag, is it something thats ok to have 2nd hand as long as you wash it? As it can be used for overnight sleeping im not sure if it falls into the dont reuse the mattress category or not. Theres loads on ebay but I dont want to risk it if its not the right thing to do.

Thoughts?

Mummytobe2014 Fri 07-Feb-14 18:14:53

I just brought a secomd hand one from ebay u can wash the covers, i think it wld be ok. Mine will only be used during day and very occasional use overnight. Have heard good reviews

Waggamamma Fri 07-Feb-14 18:15:04

Just had a quick look online as I was intrigued as to what it is.

I don't think it's something I would've used with my first or this baby. It doesn't seem practical, where do you put it as it has no stand.

My ds had grown too hig for his moses basket by 10 weeks and this looks smaller than that. I just wouldn't have got the use out of it. I'm going for a crib style instead this time in the hope it will last longer.

greentshirt Fri 07-Feb-14 18:21:36

Its a cot insert Waggamamma or can just put in bed with you. i'd be using it as a cot insert. Thats my concern with it too, it looks tiny, but I think thats the point, it makes baby feel like they are being held.

Rockchick1984 Fri 07-Feb-14 18:44:19

I wouldn't get a second hand one in all honesty, I'd classify it the same way as a mattress.

Mummytobe2014 Fri 07-Feb-14 19:03:34

Think it depends how u will use it to be honest, for our use a second hand one i believe is fine but he will be in a moses basket over night. Mine is in very good condition mattress section appears to be in perfect condition etc.
They are not as small as they appear on line and are adjustable so when they get a little bigger you can adjust it accordingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: