Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heahache!

(3 Posts)
MissSlackPants84 Fri 07-Feb-14 15:48:02

I've had awful headache for 4 days now and its showing no sign of going. It's now made it to my left eye so I can't see properly. Im drinking plenty of water and eating well. Rang the GP because I cant get hold of my Midwife to be told to ring the hospital. Rang the hospital and they don't want to know because its not a viable pregnancy (i'm 17 weeks tomorrow)

Is it always this difficult to get any help? Upto now I was really impressed with my antenatal care...this has left me a bit miffed off. I dont want to keep popping paracetamol like its candy sad

Rockchick1984 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:26:25

Most areas you have to leave a message for your midwife and she will ring you back, either the end of the day or start of the following day. If it was an emergency then A&E. Realistically, it's more likely that you need to see your GP though, as it's not something specifically pregnancy related (although obviously treatments are limited by your pregnancy). Have you tried using one of those 4head sticks, and resting in a dark room? It's the only thing that gets rid of my pregnancy migraines!

MoominIsGoingToBeAMumWaitWHAT Fri 07-Feb-14 16:31:39

I'd see your GP, however if it continues, talk to your midwife when you can. I'm 28 weeks so a bit further along than you but I was on labour ward the other day with something unrelated, mentioned the headaches I was having - lasting 4/5 days at a time, huge sensitivity to light, blurred vision, 'hallucinating' things out of the corners of my eyes etc - and was given an emergency referral to the hospital's neuro department.

GP is probably your first port of call though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now