Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just got a bfp-feeling all over the place!

(10 Posts)
catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:07:17

As said, just had positive hpt smile Feeling happy but still not sunk in, properly. Trying not to get too excited as early days and have had mcs in the past. Also flapping as I will be 40 this year and this will be our 5th child..will I be classed as a higher risk pregnancy? Anyone out there with similar?

catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:09:21

Also, I forget- when are you supposed to book in with a MW?

Armadale Fri 07-Feb-14 13:10:26

thanks congratulations!

I think if you have had MC's in the past it is hard to be just excited, I'm a sort of anxious-excited mix instead.

I don't know if your age counts as high risk, hopefully someone else will come along to answer that

catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:13:53

Thankyougrin
Yes, that's it- anxious excited! Knicker check central blush

catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:15:10

Thankyougrin
Yes, that's it- anxious excited! Knicker check central blush

catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:15:54

Oops not sure what happened there..

Armadale Fri 07-Feb-14 13:18:57

Yep 14 weeks here and that is still a daily hourly occurrence

You can let the MW know now (or some places you have to see gp first-might have to ring your practice to check) booking in they normally do week 8-10ish.

I tend to get a reassurance scan at 8 & 10weeks and then refer after that, as i'm too paranoid to book in before things are looking good on a scan, but I have a very sympathetic EPU who will scan for this reason, not all will.

catbus Fri 07-Feb-14 13:23:23

Yes, I think I will wait and see. This is gonna be a looong first trimester smile

Armadale Fri 07-Feb-14 13:27:37

FX for you x

firstbaby01 Fri 07-Feb-14 14:47:28

congratulations! smile im 17 weeks and it still hasn't sunk in that im going to have a baby yet despite having 3 scans, finding out he is a boy and
feeling occasional movements!
How far gone do you think you are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now