Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Urine infection in pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Applesauce29 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:05:59

I'm 15 weeks. Had urine test two weeks ago, and then repeated this week as they found something first time. Just had text from clinic to get telephone appt with doctor, but that won't be until next Tue. Does anyone know what I shld be doing in the mean time, apart from drinking lots of water. I've had UTI's in the past and they've always developed really quickly (hours) and I've had to go to walk in clinics for antibiotics. Google says they're more serious in pregnancy tho- worried!

Rockchick1984 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:11:01

Tons of water and cranberry juice, and try to ring the GP today and explain the circumstances, they may be able to prescribe something over the phone, or tell you to go to a walk-in or out of hours

deelite72 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:12:54

Totally, totally common in pregnancy. I'd arrange a telephone consultation with a GP. You've done the MSU, been diagnosed with a UTI, there is no reason your GP shouldn't write a script for a safe-in-pregnancy antibiotic for you to collect today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now