Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Please help - any ideas? 38 week mw tests normal but...

(9 Posts)
Youcanneverhavetoomanybooks Fri 07-Feb-14 00:07:12

...I have such a dry mouth all the time - esp at night, and first thing in the morning when my wee is dark brown. I drink a bit during the night (doesn't help sleep with trips to the loo) and drink loads when I get up and it's soon back to normal (ie - light). Saw midwife today and she wasn't bothered as she did the usual urine test and said everything was fine. But even though I drink (and wee!) loads, I'm still thirsty a lot. Is this normal and just another late pg symptom that people don't talk about? Anyone else? Any ideas? Had 2 tests for gestational diabetes at 20 and 28 weeks - both negative. Just want this baby out now!!!

Tomkat79 Fri 07-Feb-14 00:22:32

Hi OP I'm 28 weeks and just said to DH earlier that I never remember being this dry in all my life! By the time I got to the supermarket check out yesterday I handed over a can of juice and a pint of skimmed milk...both empty! blush

DaleyBump Fri 07-Feb-14 00:41:55

I had this. I took 2 litres of water with me wherever I went and drank upwards of 2 litres of milk a day. Me and DS are both healthy.

LastOneDancing Fri 07-Feb-14 04:10:59

I have an unquenchable thirst. It's part dry mouth, part craving for the sensation if drinking cold stuff - the more ice the better!

Had a GTT Tuesday - no problems.

I'm on my third pint of the night and one hundred and third wee

Youcanneverhavetoomanybooks Fri 07-Feb-14 09:54:01

Thanks everyone. Just good to know it's not unusual...

dizhin79 Fri 07-Feb-14 12:57:01

same here! 35+5 today and constantly drinking! waking up almost gagging my mouth is so dry!

stressbucket1 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:42:03

Ooh glad I found this thread I am 37 weeks with unquenchable thirst and an unhealthy obsession with Capri sun! Sounds like another pregnancy joy!

mrsmugoo Fri 07-Feb-14 14:23:59

34 weeks here and also thirsty ALL. THE. TIME.

I'm actually having a GTT the week after next although I'm sure it will be negative - I've only had a +1 glucose twice and am not overweight and not an extra big baby.

think it's just a typical pregnancy thing to be thirsty. drinking for 2!

findingherfeet Fri 07-Feb-14 18:26:03

Bit different but with breast feeding my daughter I became unbelievably and constantly thirsty, so I assumed it was a hormonal baby related 'thing'

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: