Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help - any ideas? 38 week mw tests normal but...

(9 Posts)
Youcanneverhavetoomanybooks Fri 07-Feb-14 00:07:12

...I have such a dry mouth all the time - esp at night, and first thing in the morning when my wee is dark brown. I drink a bit during the night (doesn't help sleep with trips to the loo) and drink loads when I get up and it's soon back to normal (ie - light). Saw midwife today and she wasn't bothered as she did the usual urine test and said everything was fine. But even though I drink (and wee!) loads, I'm still thirsty a lot. Is this normal and just another late pg symptom that people don't talk about? Anyone else? Any ideas? Had 2 tests for gestational diabetes at 20 and 28 weeks - both negative. Just want this baby out now!!!

Tomkat79 Fri 07-Feb-14 00:22:32

Hi OP I'm 28 weeks and just said to DH earlier that I never remember being this dry in all my life! By the time I got to the supermarket check out yesterday I handed over a can of juice and a pint of skimmed milk...both empty! blush

DaleyBump Fri 07-Feb-14 00:41:55

I had this. I took 2 litres of water with me wherever I went and drank upwards of 2 litres of milk a day. Me and DS are both healthy.

LastOneDancing Fri 07-Feb-14 04:10:59

I have an unquenchable thirst. It's part dry mouth, part craving for the sensation if drinking cold stuff - the more ice the better!

Had a GTT Tuesday - no problems.

I'm on my third pint of the night and one hundred and third wee

Youcanneverhavetoomanybooks Fri 07-Feb-14 09:54:01

Thanks everyone. Just good to know it's not unusual...

dizhin79 Fri 07-Feb-14 12:57:01

same here! 35+5 today and constantly drinking! waking up almost gagging my mouth is so dry!

stressbucket1 Fri 07-Feb-14 13:42:03

Ooh glad I found this thread I am 37 weeks with unquenchable thirst and an unhealthy obsession with Capri sun! Sounds like another pregnancy joy!

mrsmugoo Fri 07-Feb-14 14:23:59

34 weeks here and also thirsty ALL. THE. TIME.

I'm actually having a GTT the week after next although I'm sure it will be negative - I've only had a +1 glucose twice and am not overweight and not an extra big baby.

think it's just a typical pregnancy thing to be thirsty. drinking for 2!

findingherfeet Fri 07-Feb-14 18:26:03

Bit different but with breast feeding my daughter I became unbelievably and constantly thirsty, so I assumed it was a hormonal baby related 'thing'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now