Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hand holding and some sympathy

(9 Posts)
K8eee Thu 06-Feb-14 22:34:16

confused I've just broken down in tears because my arse feels like it's falling out and I have awful pain with piles. Dh is rubbish at giving me sympathy and his excuse is 'oh I didn't realise it was that bad. Does it sting?' Sting?!?! That's just the beginning!!!!! He tried to comfort me with a hug but I just want I be left alone and pushed him away. Probably seems like I'm over reacting I know but whenever I say I'm in pain or uncomfortable he pays no attention so I've now learnt to keep quiet and not say anything as it means nothing to him.

Tomkat79 Thu 06-Feb-14 23:06:58

Ouch. Have you got something to put on them to ease them a bit...I know they're bloody painful!

These men just don't get it though I'm sure your DH does care!

Mammy2Be Thu 06-Feb-14 23:09:58

Oh, I had such a bad time with them after giving birth to DD1. They're bloody awful awful things!!
Have you got a shoulder to cry on in RL other than DH? Other ladies who've been trough the same or similar are invaluable at times like this I think. And MN of course wink

K8eee Thu 06-Feb-14 23:26:20

I'm going to get to the chemist tomorrow before we leave and get some anusol. He keeps making a joke of it like 'oh maybe you need some anal to push them back in' not fucking funny hmm

I haven't got any friends or family that are close by. Spoke to my mum on the phone yesterday and all I got was 'welcome to my world! I had them when I pushed you out now you know how I suffered' yeah great thanks a lot that's the sympathy I needed sad

Tomkat79 Thu 06-Feb-14 23:37:07

Anusol will really help. Bless ya.

He ain't funny. Think I'd be tempted to lure him to bed..get all sexy, work my way down and then go 'nah' and go to sleep!

K8eee Thu 06-Feb-14 23:40:57

I'm wondering if they've been brought on by the baby kicking and moving on my bowel. Currently laying in bed and can feel that exact feeling right now hmm the little wriggler has kicked me in the arse ever since I have been able to feel strong movements.

Tomkat that is so tempting, but with the way my hormones are I think id end up either in the spare room or on the sofa for the night confused

bigbangfan Fri 07-Feb-14 10:20:03

I feel your pain and have suffered with these (and fissures) for years. Really no fun at all.
Tips: try sitting in a warm bath with plenty of Epsom salts in, eat plenty of fibre so what you do pass is easier and doesn't make them worse, use the anusol suppositries as they really do give a bit of instant relief and shrink everything up (although haven't checked the packet if ok during pregnancy, been a while since I've used them). HTH.

Jess03 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:25:01

You have my sympathy it's embarrassing and painful, always a great combination. Your dh sounds like a bit of an idiot, send him out to the chemist now, least he can do..

PastaandCheese Fri 07-Feb-14 19:33:02

It's horrid. I had them at the end of my first pregnancy and after birth. So painful and the blood that came with them was scary.

I have no idea why it is considered amusing because it's bloody miserable.

I really sympathise.

Touch wood I've been ok this time because I've been having a small glass of prune juice everyday from 30 weeks. It is vile but has kept everything normal. I'm going to keep it up for a month after delivery as this is when they got really bad last time. Felt like I was being cut with razor blades when going to the loo.

I'd recommend witch hazel on a cotton wool pad and pressed against them for relief along with the dreaded prune juice and Anusol creams.

I really do sympathise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now