Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Travelling away from home

(5 Posts)
K8eee Thu 06-Feb-14 21:55:35

I'm 33 nearly 34 weeks pg with dc1 and were going away on Friday until Tuesday. Anyway I'm a bit apprehensive about being away from home just in case things happen early. Would it seem a bit OTT to take mine and baby's hospital bag and car seat just to pop in the boot. Luckily one of dh's friends were staying with is a midwife grin

Cupcake11 Thu 06-Feb-14 22:05:41

If it'll put your mind at ease then do it - if you'll enjoy it more with that piece of mind who cares if it's ott smile

K8eee Thu 06-Feb-14 22:36:59

Were going a good 200 miles away from home and I don't fancy having to buy another car seat just to get home when I can just bung the one we've bought into the boot. Ah I hope I'm not the only one to of done this grin

ClearlyMoo Thu 06-Feb-14 23:23:13

Currently on holiday away just 1.5hrs from home at 26 weeks with relatively straightforward pregnancy and yet an attempt at hospital bag AND notes are in the car!

Rockchick1984 Thu 06-Feb-14 23:30:29

Take them along but don't put the car seat in the boot - strap it in otherwise it'll be bumping and bashing around in the boot and could get damaged which would compromise its safety!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now