Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waist expansion

(5 Posts)
Poppet77 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:15:12

I am 13wks and 5 days pregnant, but am rather alarmed at my waist expansion. Some of my trousers that I had given up wearing due to being too loose are now uncomfortably tight. I don't think I have put on much weight anywhere else apart from my boobs and I don't have an obvious pregnant bump - I could just be fat!. I am normally a size 8-10 and have been consistent with this for many years. I am not massively overeating. I am exercising but at a lower intensity and a bit less frequently and less long than before pregnant. Just wondering if anyone else has experience such an extent of weight gain so early in pregnancy.

LavenderFox Thu 06-Feb-14 21:27:42

Well your gut is moving upwards and often quite bloated at this stage, too so it can be very normal, just not very dignifying.... I found that bit surprisingly hard even if I logically knew pregnant women get a big tummy...

sofpp83 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:28:59

Hi poppet, I'm pregnant with my first and I too was alarmed at the sudden weight gain. I gained nearly a stone in the first twice weeks but seemed to have a great deal of water retention which seems to have gone for the time being (now 28 weeks) I wouldn't be too concerned as everybody is different. My biggest worry is about losing it again after. I lost 7 and a half stone prior to becoming pregnant and now I have to watch it going back on. You may find the weight gain will slow down for a few weeks. I read somewhere you should gain about 2 stone during pregnancy. I've nearly hit thatblush . I hope this helps to know you're not alone! grin

sofpp83 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:29:59

*twelve

sharkey1187 Thu 06-Feb-14 22:20:52

I'm a 10 - 12 normally.. Just over 12 weeks. I can't fit into my jeans and have resorted to comfy joggers around the house. Desperately working out how I can make them into suitable work attire. And I've not gained any weight since my booking appointment. Yet it's still expanding!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now