Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

White coat syndrome!!

(7 Posts)
Hellymummy Thu 06-Feb-14 20:15:14

Every time I go to hospital/doctors for my antenatal appointments my blood pressure is sky high! I know it's normal everytime at home coz I have a home monitor, it's perfect everytime at hone! But every time at hospital it's high and I have to try and convince them it's just my anxiety!!!! Not easy! Anyone else

PervyMuskrat Thu 06-Feb-14 20:35:42

Yep! Identical to you. The midwives I had in my last pregnancy were very good at trying to keep me out of hospital so fingers crossed they'll be as lovely this time around smile

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Thu 06-Feb-14 23:19:08

Yes, me too. Nightmare!

Dusty04 Fri 07-Feb-14 04:26:20

Same here! It actually got better towards the end of my pregnancy though smile

icklekid Fri 07-Feb-14 06:56:22

I always warn doctors etc that they will need to take my bp twice always high the first time. Midwife very good at talking to me and distracting me which helps bring it down!

chestnutmare Fri 07-Feb-14 07:54:26

I have this too, it's been written into my pregnancy notes. So far the midwife has been taking my BP near the end of each appointment and it's been fine. I remember having to wear a BP monitor for 24 hours a few years ago before one of the doctors would give me another prescription for the pill I was on at the time, and it came out fine.

livingzuid Fri 07-Feb-14 09:19:47

Me too I am sitting here waiting to see my consultant right now and it has shot up I can feel my poor heart jumping out of my chest! I was fine this morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now