Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not hungry at all

(7 Posts)
KathrynAndSteve Thu 06-Feb-14 16:55:18

I am not hungry at all but when I am all I want to eat is just snacks not a full meal is there something wrong with me or is this normal?

SharpLily Thu 06-Feb-14 17:00:16

Normal. I make sure I eat because I should but I don't really want to.

Flumpinblues Thu 06-Feb-14 19:26:30

Definitely normal. Especially in 1st & 3rd trimester. I try to eat little and often. Am rarely hungry.

qazxc Thu 06-Feb-14 20:23:46

My appetite has also gone down. Little and often of nutritious (ie not junk) is the answer i think. I also take pregnancy multivitamin for peace of mind.

twinnymumstephanie Fri 07-Feb-14 01:20:13

I ate like a horse for the first few weeks and now I don't want to eat a thing! I've heard the opposite from people as well so I wouldn't worry yourself smile

Chunderella Fri 07-Feb-14 10:29:02

Normal, lots of women have low appetite during pregnancy. You just have to manage what you can. If you're able to pick what you eat, ie if you're not so nauseous that you can only eat a couple of things, perhaps try and choose higher calorie options if it would make you feel more reassured.

ZingSweetApple Fri 07-Feb-14 11:21:19

normal, so don't worry

I do take a good multivitamin, fish oils and Solgar's Gentle Iron (slightly anaemic) to make sure baby gets enough of what my diet is lacking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now