Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks pregnant and measuring 3 weeks behind

(10 Posts)
ILoveDHIDo Thu 06-Feb-14 14:59:40

I've just been to see my MW and she was happy with everything, her heartbeat was perfect and my urine came back fine but when she measured her she said "oh, 31 weeks.. don't worry that's fine" and that was it.

I'm worried about that because I expected to measure at least 33-34 not 31. She measured me three times and it all came back the same.

To make my anxiety worse, I'm moving up north next week so I'll have to register with a mw quickly and hope that by the first appointment, she'll be on track.

Has anyone had anything similar and baby was fine? my bump isn't small either so I don't know..

Haribolover Thu 06-Feb-14 18:06:19

Happened to me at 34 weeks. All ended up fine and DD was born at 38+6 weighing 6lb 4oz. The midwife said as I was relatively talk and slim she never expected me to have a big bump. Seems bump was all baby.

purplemurple1 Thu 06-Feb-14 20:56:59

I always measured behind at 24 wks I was measured 17, by 38 wks I was measuring 35 baby came at 39 week's 6lbs 10oz - so a little small but nothing special.
I'm short and overweight so I've no idea where the baby was hiding.

Don't worry the measurement is a rough guide and if they were worried they would send you for a growth scan.

roofio87 Thu 06-Feb-14 22:16:33

if you're concerned push for them to check again. a Dr at the hospital declared I was measuring 32 weeks at 39+6, so booked a growth scan, the next day I had my 8lb1oz baby so not small at all!!

moomin35 Fri 07-Feb-14 09:01:41

when do they start measuring you guys? I'm 24 weeks and not had even one measurement?

SaucyJack Fri 07-Feb-14 09:19:38

I've consistently measured 2-3 weeks behind. The MW never seems fussed confused

ohhhhpieceofcandy Fri 07-Feb-14 09:26:25

I'm currently measuring five weeks behind (I'm 39 weeks) had a scan and everything is fine. Don't worry!

BakingBunty Fri 07-Feb-14 18:04:56

I was three weeks behind at 38 weeks. Had an 8lbs baby! Try not to worry - it's a really inexact science. If you're very concerned push for a scan.

purplemurple1 Sat 08-Feb-14 16:59:09

Moomin- measures start around 6 months so prob your next mw visit.

zinher Sat 08-Feb-14 17:13:05

I am always measuring behind. Scans so far show baby bring right on the 50th centile so dnt worry about it. According to the sonographers the bump measurements can be very misleading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now