Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trying for a baby

(4 Posts)
Jessica279 Thu 06-Feb-14 14:50:38

Hi all , I found this website few days ago and was so happy to find to of ladies sharing their experiences and stories.

To cut it short , I am 31 and I am trying for a baby only for the last month, my husband is 35 and he did the sperm check and it was low but that day he was ill .

I want to know if he does this check again and his sperms are low , can we still conceive ?

Also I am trying clear blue digital kit , is it any good ? Is it accurate. The reason I decided to use it is that my period is not regular.

Shall I take any vitamins or medecines while trying to conceive ? I am taking folic acid only .

eurochick Thu 06-Feb-14 14:58:18

Hi,

Yes, sperm samples can change a lot from one to another. To meximise his chances, he should wear loose underwear, keep his laptop away from his bits, reduce alcohol and smoking and generally have a healthy lifestyle.

You shouldn't need anything other than folic acid.

Have you been investigated for irregular periods?

You might get more responses on the Conception board rather than Pregnancy.

Jessica279 Thu 06-Feb-14 15:42:40

Thanks a lot eurochick . Actually my period is usually on 24th each month and sometimes it is 3 or 4 days later , so I don't think I need to investigate the irregular period as it only 3 or 4 days . Or you think I should ? I will move the conversation to conception board xxx

ChicaMomma Thu 06-Feb-14 16:11:32

Jessica, Patrick Holford (the nutritionist) has written a brilliant book about nutritional needs while trying to conceive. We followed it and got pregnant straight away. There is some fantastic advice in there for supplements for men with low sperm count- Zinc and Vitamin C are top of the list. Also,he should cut down/out coffee... no more than 1 cup at day at the most.. you should buy it, it's great.

https://www.patrickholford.com/books/optimum-nutrition-before-during-and-after-pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now