Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with third, a cramp, feeling anxious

(4 Posts)
Girlsville Thu 06-Feb-14 12:06:28

Hi all

I am 9 weeks pregnant with my third, and feeling very anxious. About 2 weeks ago I woke up one night with quite a bad stomach cramp. It went after about 20 mins, but was sharp enough to wake me up. Since then no more cramps, am still feeling very nauseous nut for some reason am feeling so anxious that I have had a missed miscarriage. My scan is booked for three weeks, but am working myself up into a state. Part of this is because a very close friend just ahd a missed miscarriage so my thoughts are running away with me.

I think I did have cramps in each of my first two pregnancies, but cant remember how strong they were.

Any thoughts welcome.

Pinkandwhite Thu 06-Feb-14 13:12:03

Hi girlsville, I've had cramps and weird stomach sensations throughout my pregnancy so far (I'm 12 weeks now). I was so freaked out, I went for an early scan which showed that all was fine. My scan on Monday also showed a healthy baby. The doctor told me that cramps are incredibly common and unless they're unbearably painful, they're nothing to worry about. I reckon that if you're still feeling nauseous 2 weeks after the cramps then all is well. Maybe call your midwife for reassurance, I've done that a few times.

Girlsville Thu 06-Feb-14 13:23:19

Thank you. I do remember that I had cramps throughout my previosu pregnancies, I think I was just surprise dbecause I was woken up by this. And just very on edge because of the horrible experiences of my friend. ~I dont think the hospital will give me an early scan and have been debating going privately although dh thinks there is no need. I am seeing my midwife next week so will also speak to her.

i hate the first trimester!

Pinkandwhite Thu 06-Feb-14 13:46:46

TBH, if you're anxious and you can't get a free scan, if its not going to be a massive issue financially then I reckon get a private scan. It's horrible to be worrying and you'll feel so much better when you see a perfect baby there... The first trimester is pretty rubbish though. I can't decide whether or not to consider myself out of it at 12 weeks or 14 weeks!

Anyway, sorry you're feeling as you are, I can totally relate. I've been extremely nervous for the past 8 weeks. Cramps (without bleeding) are just so normal though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now