Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Fluttering movements - how often?

(7 Posts)
AngP2585 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:32:40

Just wondered if anyone knows how often you are supposed to get fluttering movements at 18 weeks. I have been getting them a lot yesterday but not much at all today. Should I be worried?

PastaandCheese Wed 05-Feb-14 22:37:01

I would say no need to worry at that point. Your baby has a lot of room to move so will frequently change positions meaning movement won't always be felt as clearly.

Casmama Wed 05-Feb-14 22:47:29

Lots of people don't feel any movement yet. I'm 18 weeks too and funnily enough felt much more fluttering yesterday than today but not worried.

SweetPea86 Wed 05-Feb-14 23:24:31

I didn't get much movement untill 20 weeks and even then it wasn't loads. Awww I loved the first flutters. Don't worry it will happen it wasn't till week 25 were I felt them more of a pattern I'm not 30 weeks and he has starting kicking me big style

LucyB1 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:34:56

I'm 19 weeks and still unsure if i have felt anything yet. Lots of different feelings in my belly but nothing overly fluttery. : (

AngP2585 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:53:31

Thanks for that.
It's more like bubbles popping in your stomach than like fluttering.

PastaandCheese Thu 06-Feb-14 11:00:18

The first time I felt my first move I scratched at the point where it was happening because it was so unfamiliar to feel bubbles it seemed natural to conclude I was itchy.

Poor DD!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: