Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginal substance- like cottage cheese, not discharge - beware TMI!!

(5 Posts)
Mummyk1982 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:00:14

Hi all,

Apologies in advance for the detail!

Have just tried first perineal massage and whilst was there thought I'd see what things feel like inside- have only has sex a couple of times during pregnancy and a bit worried that things will be 'tight'. Anyway, things didn't feel so 'smooth' inside as normal, an when I looked my finger was covered in a chest white substance- it kind of disintegrates if I push it between my fingers. It's white and odourless and it feels like there's loads covering the whole back wall of my vagina. I have 'normal' discharge. Have also looked down below in the mirror but it's naturally now a bit red from perineal massage and a little uncomfortable, but haven't had any discomfort down there before.

Does anyone know what this is? Anyone else experienced it? Not sure whether to be worried or not. Have googled it and can only find thrush but as far as I'm concerned I don't have any other thrush symptoms. Help!!

Thanks in advance!

Mummyk1982 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:21:14

Hmmmm, lots of googling now suggests perhaps thrush! Grrrrrrr! Visit to gp me thinks!!!

Tomkat79 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:27:33

What a picture you have put in my mind!

Vaginal discharge changes when your pregnant and many women, me included, produce loads more than normal! I would say you would know if you had thrush as it would be sore and itchy. Curd like thrush discharge I'm not sure would disintegrate like you're saying.

Only way to be sure as you say would be to see practice nurse who will send a swab. Fingers crossed it's not thrush as it's a real pain in the arse to treat when pregnant!

PenguinsDontEatKale Wed 05-Feb-14 20:37:27

Yes, it sounds a lot like thrush symptoms. Get it checked out before worrying any more. It doesn't always have any symptoms.

Mummyk1982 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:40:22

Very lovely midwife at delivery suite checked it out for me tonight- she's doesn't think its thrush as no other symptoms. Says its heavy but normal. Did a swab just to be sure so should hear back in few days, just leave it be in meantime. Feeling reassured :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now