Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How much 'leakage' is normal?

(7 Posts)
Emberlina76 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:17:41

Title says it all really!
Have been ignoring the fact that for 3 days or so I've felt like I've wet myself a bit (sorry! TMI!) - rang the midwife today and she said to wear a panty liner and if it gets wet then ring the delivery suite. Don't want to go down there for no reason, and as I can't have a speculum for an internal (existing problem) midwife says I'll probably have to have a scan, and I know that the scan dept doesn't open until the morning and I'm not staying in all night! I'm 24+1. Have also had a terrible aching underneath, which I think could be the start of SPD, and little miss is kicking the bejesus out of my fanjo! What's hapenning?! X

Fairypants Wed 05-Feb-14 19:55:10

I remember being very damp (like I'd wet myself but so wee smell) in 3rd trimester. I think it's quite common.

fedupandfifty Wed 05-Feb-14 19:59:13

I think it's quite common, but I'd get yourself checked anyway. I had something similar, and went into early labour at 29 weeks.

purplebaubles Wed 05-Feb-14 19:59:48

I'm 27 weeks and have to wear a pad every day. Often quite damp, as fairypants above really. Also think it's quite common and nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'd know if your waters had actually gone!

Blondebrunette1 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:04:39

I wouldn't risk waiting and wondering I know a girl whos waters went poss while she was in bath and were just leaking after and she was told to come in the followibg day and it ended with serious complications for her baby as he got an infection. At least get checked over I would. Better safe than sorry. It may be wee but if its not its not worth it.

Emberlina76 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:09:42

Thanks ladies. I've put a pad on and I'm going to give it an hour or so and have a check. Working full time and overdoing it at the moment so do feel a bit worried hmm

Blondebrunette1 Fri 07-Feb-14 19:29:00

Hope you're ok OP.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now