Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how accurate is a scan at 15 weeks pregnant

(10 Posts)
Gemziewooo Wed 05-Feb-14 18:39:54

Hi? Just wondering how accurate a scan at 15weeks pregnant is to determine the gender of baby. I had a scan today to check everything was ok with the baby and placenta etc... the lady who scanned me said it looked like a little boy? showed me parts what looked like boy parts, however she told me not to take it as accurate information as girls parts can be swollen at this stage? Just wondering if any one has been told a boy at this stage and at your 20week scan told otherwise? Iv read a few stories that people have been told boys at around 15weeks pregnant but then it has been a girl at 20week scan. ? Xx

PrincessWatermelon Wed 05-Feb-14 19:05:25

We had a scan at 16 weeks and the first sonographer thought boy. Then her boss came in and said it was a girl. She is definitely a girl! Much clearer on 20 week scan...they look for 3 lines, apparently.

Peacenquiet2 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:15:13

I had a gander scan at 16 weeks and was told boy and to me the parts were obviously boy (see pic on my profile). I was probably more like 15 weeks as im sure my dates are out by a week. At 20 week scan was still told boy so seems it was accurate.
Got 36 week scan next week so will let you know if they suddenly decide any different!

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Feb-14 19:19:00

Private scan companies do gender scans from16 weeks. I guess there is good reason for this! At our 20 week scan )NHS) we were told we were probably having a boy. 2 weeks later a private scans did definitely a girl. They were right!

Gemziewooo Wed 05-Feb-14 19:27:28

Great thanks girls, would like another girl, however a boy would be nice for the family, so either As long as she/he is healthy smile xxx

Expectingtwins1975 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:43:10

I was told the gender at my 12 week scan - will see if they give the same gender at the 20 week scan

Runningtrainers Wed 05-Feb-14 19:47:51

I was told DS was a boy at 11 weeks 5 days! I think at 15 weeks they are pretty accurate.

Only1scoop Wed 05-Feb-14 19:49:07

Told a boy at 12 wks was correct.

summerbaby2014 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:50:03

Google "nub theory" that is how they tell in scans earlier than 20 weeks.
I think something like 60-70% accurate.

Gemziewooo Wed 05-Feb-14 19:57:18

Will do thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now