Talk

Advanced search

how accurate is a scan at 15 weeks pregnant

(4 Posts)
Gemziewooo Wed 05-Feb-14 18:39:11

Hi? Just wondering how accurate a scan at 15weeks pregnant is to determine the gender of baby. I had a scan today to check everything was ok with the baby and placenta etc... the lady who scanned me said it looked like a little boy? showed me parts what looked like boy parts, however she told me not to take it as accurate information as girls parts can be swollen at this stage? Just wondering if any one has been told a boy at this stage and at your 20week scan told otherwise? Iv read a few stories that people have been told boys but then it has been a girl at 20week scan.

CristaBell Wed 05-Feb-14 23:28:44

I think it depends on the centre you go to. My friend had a gender scan at 16 weeks and was told she was having a boy but on her 20 week scan she was told she was having a girl. She has since had anther scan to be sure and been told it's definitely a girl. Sorry if this isn't very helpful but I would wait for your 20 week scan when babies private bits are more developed. Good luck

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 05-Feb-14 23:31:14

I remember watching a Robert Winston documentary once where he said that early on girls and boys bits look very similar. I'd definitely wait a bit longer if I was you.

katster37 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:17:34

I was told both times at 13weeks that mine were boys - and they definitely were!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now