Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't deal with pregnancy! Help! :(

(8 Posts)
EllaJayne123 Wed 05-Feb-14 17:53:39

Hello. I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I have never felt so crap in my whole life! I know I know, many have before many will after but still I'm allowed a rant! Since I was 8 weeks preg I have had awful sickness, atleast twise a day everyday. I can't eat anything, anything I do eat I throw up, any thing any one else eats in front of me I throw up! My back and boobs feel like a ton of bricks have been chucked on them! I have has such bad headaches, keep blacking out! My hormones are all over the place I can't stop crying and my partner is an unsupportive in all of this! First baby.. Obviously! and to top it all of I work 40 hours a week in a constant very stressful job where we are under staffed, over worked and my bosses couldnt give a rats ass. If I've been puking all day, if I'm kept through lunch with a customer I don't get my lunch simples!! I no I sound moany but this is making my life unbearable, please can anyone offer any advise? I know it'll be worth it in the end but if I'm this miserable it can't be great for the baby! Thanks x

Vespar7 Wed 05-Feb-14 17:58:54

I'm so sorry you are feeling so awful. Have you been to see your dr? They will probably try to sign you off work before giving you anything for the sickness but if you insist they will probably give you the drugs. I found that by week 14 I was feeling much better so fingers crossed for you!

sharkey1187 Wed 05-Feb-14 18:12:53

Hi, I don't have much advice but I feel your pain. I'm 12+5 and have been feeling really rough. Fortunately my work has been really supportive so I don't have to worry about that.

I had bad sickness weeks 7 to 9, I was prescribed meds in the end. This stopped the vomiting but not the nausea. Last week it started up again and I've been so unwell my GP signed me off this week. If you are struggling, go have a chat. I haven't found a magic cure for the nausea but I get temporary relief from sucking on fruity sweets. Pear drops/lemon sherbet. Otherwise I stick to bland food such as toast, plain pasta.

Have you had a risk assessment done at work? They are legally required to complete one for pregnant employees and are required to re - assess during each trimester. I'm a paramedic so my duties have been changed to an office based environment, but they still have to make adaptations to duties to allow me adequate rest periods, breaks etc etc. Speak to your HR department or check the intranet for your company's policy. I was surprised at the detail in mine.

I had always looked forward to being pregnant because I thought I'd enjoy the experience. sometimes I get so disappointed that I am feeling so rotten but I know it'll be worth it. I hope this helps a little, if not, I can do some hand holding. Hope you feel better soon x

Fairypants Wed 05-Feb-14 18:15:34

I agree with vespar- see a dr. They can help. Also, you are very likely to start feeling better soon. The sickness, headaches and tiredness left me at the beginning of the second trimester with both my dd's (I'm only 7 weeks so far with this one). I know it feels tough but you don't have far to go til it gets better.
Once you are feeling better, it would be worth addressing your dp's lack of support as you will need more support in the last couple of months and the early days with the baby at least. I found DH rubbish with the first 2 so I set out precisely what he needed to do this time (or else) and he has been better but I still have to ask and stomp a bit when he tries to get into a 'who's more tired' competition.

MyNameIsKenAdams Wed 05-Feb-14 18:16:52

Honestly, you need to (1) get some time off. Go to the gp and get signed off, even if just for a week and (2) on your return, ask them to do a Risk Assesment for you.

A lunch break should be a bare minimum and a manager should step in to facilitate you having one.

MyNameIsKenAdams Wed 05-Feb-14 18:18:00

Sorry, I didnt see the bit about your dp. Is he just not giving a sympathetic ear or is he expecting you to still be on the go doing x y z roubd the house?

Blondebrunette1 Wed 05-Feb-14 18:23:30

Hi OP, I feel your misery, the sickness and nausea are absolutely horrific if you suffer and I do too so don't apologise for having a rant if people ever question me about what it's like I tell them to imagine a bad hangover and have it last a good 8 weeks relentlessly. My husband is amazing support because he sees how I suffer and he is doing his best to help me. We have two young children and so I have responsibilities I can't just put on hold but I actually left work with my first as I physically couldn't cope with it. On the plus side mine usually goes between 15-16 weeks. Hope yours goes soon too. Xx

GingerMaman Wed 05-Feb-14 18:37:27

I'm so sorry you are going through me, but believe me when I say a lot of women go through this, and it will get better in a month or so. Meanwhile, I think you should go to your GP and ask to be signed off work. Women who are going through such nausea do, so please take that option. I hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy your pregnancy (it will happen!) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now