Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby not much of a mover.....anyone else had this?

(13 Posts)
Charingcrossbun Wed 05-Feb-14 16:47:53

Hey,
I'm 35 weeks and my baby has never been much so a mover - or at least I don't feel loads of movement. I have an anterior placenta and everything is normal normal normal whenever I go for check ups. I just wished bumped kicked more as I worry.
Baby can go hours without me feeling it but will move with cold water and lying on my side. Anyone else had this? Does it mean anything for further on? DP is hoping it's a sign of a sleepy newborn keen to go through the night!!

Marrow Wed 05-Feb-14 16:53:05

I had anterior placentas with both my children and barely felt any movements. DS in particular barely moved. People kept telling me it meant they would be calm, contented babies....they were not! I went in for monitoring several times in both pregnancies because of lack of movement. They were both fine and the midwives were also lovely and never cross that I had gone in.

Pascha Wed 05-Feb-14 16:53:30

Aahhh bless your DP in his deluded pre-baby state grin Let him think that for now, he'll soon change his mind when baby is actually here.

I think the answer is: if its all normal at check ups, then thats whats normal for you and this pregnancy and you shouldn't worry about it. If it changes suddenly or drastically then its something to think about it.

Marrow Wed 05-Feb-14 16:55:09

Meant to add that DD slept through the night at six months and DS at 16 months - sorry! gringrin

hubbahubster Wed 05-Feb-14 16:56:20

Anterior placenta for the second time here so it doesn't freak me out so much, but with DC1 I was worried a lot. As long as I had some sort of movement every day, I tried not to stress.

And DC1 is a real live wire, so I'm afraid your DP is hoping in vain!

tertle Wed 05-Feb-14 22:34:18

I too am 35 weeks and whilst I do experience some real wriggly moments I can also go a long time without movement. I asked my doctor about it and he said as long as there are two definite periods of movement per day then there is no need to worry.

If I realize I haven't felt the baby move for a morning or afternoon I have something sweet and a lie down and I soon feel a few kicks.

I think all babies are different and you should only worry if their patterns change drastically.

Husband and I are also hoping for a good sleeper as I hardly ever get disturbed during the night but I think that we're being over optimistic!

lilyaldrin Wed 05-Feb-14 22:38:16

Both of mine have been anterior placentas, but whereas I felt DC1 move a lot throughout the day, this current pregnancy the baby moves relatively little. I even went in for monitoring at about 32 weeks as the baby had pretty much stopped moving - despite scans etc where everything looked absolutely fine he didn't move for about 10 days!

sisterofcaleb Thu 06-Feb-14 07:33:10

I had an anterior placenta with my DS and barely felt him moving. He was asleep on all scans etc. I had quite a lot of monitoring at the end of preg (for GD) and he hardly even woke up. I was also hoping this meant he was chilled....let's just say my husband and I spent a lot of time joking during the first year that he had done all his sleeping for that time in the womb!!

I'm now 21 weeks and my placenta is lateral and this baby moves a lot more! Plus wriggling all over at the scan. The sonographer said he was a rebel! So this time I am hoping the inverse of what I hoped with my son re sleep. How with an 18 month I remain deluded I'm not sure!!!

Monkeyandanimal Thu 06-Feb-14 07:37:36

My boys barely moved, and my girl was really active.....is it a boy OP?

Suzietwo Thu 06-Feb-14 07:45:30

Anterior placenta for 2/3 of mine. Each has even different and this one the least active. At 24 weeks I'm enjoying it as movement can be bloody painful when it gets going!

Happychick35 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:12:10

welcome to my world, I think I have been to monitoring around 7 times by now and only started to feel the baby around 28 weeks and I never got the recommended 10 kicks within 12 hours. It is extremely worrying and all you can do is go and check out the baby when you are not sure. Plus know what gets your baby going, in my case very cold apple juice. Does not work every time though. Can't tell what baby character is yet as did not have it yet. Best of luck ! The only good thing about this is that you can actually sleep during the night in late pregnancy as kicks don't disturb you!

Frizz1986 Thu 06-Feb-14 16:53:06

Anterior placenta here too and really didnt feel that much movement. Am quite thankful after hearing how others had such difficulty sleeping because of movement.
All my checks were fine as well and my not very wriggly bump has become a very wriggly 6 week old baby girl who is thankfully asleep on me (finally)

MolotovCocktail Thu 06-Feb-14 19:52:51

My beautiful dd1 didn't kick all that much. She will be 5yo later this month and could talk the hind legs off a donkey! She sings, dances, is kind and loving ... As long as you are feeling daily movements, I think its okay smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now