Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lost mucus plug

(11 Posts)
Pinkbell123 Wed 05-Feb-14 10:50:55

Hey everyone.

I think I just lost my mucus plug. I'm 38+5 and I was cleaning the shower after I got out of it when I smelt something really weird (sorry tmi) it smelt a bit salty or fishy (like an after sex smell iykwim). I sat on the loo and a big clump of brown/old blood coloured mucus fell out.

That's the plug right? What's likely to happen now? I had a sweep Monday as I will be induced at term due to medical issues.

I'm scared!!

Pinkbell123 Wed 05-Feb-14 10:58:04

Or was it a show? What's the difference?!

CatsCantFlyFast Wed 05-Feb-14 11:01:31

I don't think there's a difference. Now you just wait but FX it may be a sign labour is about to start soon

Shropshiremummy2B Wed 05-Feb-14 11:20:43

A "show" is a "show" of your mucus plug.

I lost mine last night after yesterday's sweep, race you?!

Sadly when you usually loose it it can take 2 weeks for anything to happen. I've got my induction booked for Saturday though so I know it'll happen.

Good luck!

walterwhiteswife Wed 05-Feb-14 11:23:18

I lost the mucus plug and went in and stayed at 1cm!! finally had to be induced as waters round his head started leaking. I never forget thinking im gonna leave the hospital again with my son! hes 8 now time has passed so quickly!

Pinkbell123 Wed 05-Feb-14 11:24:43

Aaah I guessed it would probably take ages for anything to happen! At least its a start I suppose.

Pinkbell123 Wed 05-Feb-14 11:25:09

Good luck Shropshire! FX you go before Saturday.

Ilovekittyelise Wed 05-Feb-14 11:42:57

im so jealous! i had sweep on monday, had bit of pinky brown mucous (nice, but not as nice as the full on jellyfish thing!) felt like stuff might be happening, then it all died off. boo. maybe another sweep tomoro might help. so gutted x

orangemouth281 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:00:19

I had a sweep on Monday too and have been losing the plug in stages since then. I keep thinking it might be happening but nothing so far. Good luck to those of you waiting for things to start.

Shropshiremummy2B Wed 05-Feb-14 14:15:19

Thanks pink.

I have another sweep booked for tomorrow even though I'm being induced. As much as I'd like it to happen of its own accord I could do without another probe/lesbian encounter.

InsomniaczK8 Wed 05-Feb-14 16:10:37

Hi I lost my plug at 40w in my last pregnancy and was convinced things were starting but I didn't go into labour until I was 42 weeks. Those 2 weeks of waiting were agonising! I hope things happen more quickly for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now