Talk

Advanced search

Numb pain in leg, probably paranoid?

(11 Posts)
Sausagesaurus Wed 05-Feb-14 08:44:52

Hi mnners smile

I think I'm being paranoid but I woke up two days ago with a very vivid pain in my left thigh to the point where it is making me limp. It is not a trauma injury as I have not banged it.

Today I woke up and it's still there, when I walk it feels like it's spreading around the top of my thigh, however, if I am still, it isn't generalised, and is now radiating from further up my left thigh.

I am paranoid that this is DVT confused I don't have a history of it so there's no reason why it should be, other than it's more likely in pregnancy. My DP said I should ring the doctors as it's better to be safe than sorry but I just feel like I'll be wasting their time.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or experience of this? Maybe it's just my body adjusting?

OddBoots Wed 05-Feb-14 08:46:59

Do you have any redness or heat? Link to other symptoms

Could it be sciatica?

Beanymonster Wed 05-Feb-14 08:51:30

I'd Deffo go to the doctors, my doc always says that the three people he will always make time to see is the very young, the very old and pregnant.. If there's a problem you need to know now!! Get to the docs, explain, and hope he has a chuckle and sends you home smile

Sausagesaurus Wed 05-Feb-14 08:52:04

Ahhh why did I not think of looking up symptoms! Thanks for your response Oddboots Nope, don't have any of those symptoms, or not that I've picked up on anyway (redness, heat...).

I think I'm just being paranoid, I just spoke to a RL friend about it and she just said your body does strange things in pregnancy and everything is stretching out so it's probably normal.

Pregnancy has made me a complete worrier!

Beanymonster Wed 05-Feb-14 08:53:21

noooooooooooo! don't google, step away from google!!

I did that when I was pregnant and basic convinced myself I was on the verge of death

I wasn't..

Sausagesaurus Wed 05-Feb-14 08:55:20

Beanymonster my DP has the same view point, that because I'm pregnant doctors won't mind seeing you even if it's something silly.

I'm in work now so probably missed an opportunity to get an appointment today, I will try in the morning if it's still there. I told my DP that if it persisted today I would call the doctors, he said he will if I don't.

Sausagesaurus Wed 05-Feb-14 08:57:14

Beanymonstor hahaha that made me laugh, I convinced myself I was having an ectopic pregnancy in my first few weeks from looking at symptoms on Google.

Beanymonster Wed 05-Feb-14 12:21:21

Phone today and say it's an emergancy and see if they have any appts left, other wise you'll worry all night!

And tbh, I'd class it as an emergancy at a doctors.. It's not like your going to go to the docs with you leg falling off (which is obviously an actual emergancy!!)

stressbucket1 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:40:47

I had something similar during my last pregnancy if I walked around for a bit I got pain in the front of my rt thigh and had a numb patch in the same area so I had to keep sitting down and then it would ease but remained numb. I work in a hospital so I asked one of the docs they said it was nerve compression due to the way the baby was lying. It went again after a couple of weeks

lucyfluff Wed 05-Feb-14 13:49:50

Its probably a trapped nerve in an awkward position but good idea to be checked over anyway smile

I had similar a few months ago (wasnt pg then)...and panicked over DVT. Docs told me it was muscular and it went away after a couple of weeks. I found massaging my foot on that side helped too?! odd but it did!!

doreme Wed 05-Feb-14 14:02:12

I did have a DVT in my last pregnancy and it started off with pain and a limp, so do get yourself to he GP. Don't want to panic you though! I had no previous history either and not in a higher risk group (average weight, non smoker and pretty fit). Hope all turns out ok for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now