Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles (sorry)!

(3 Posts)
Wilberforce2 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:38:38

Have been trying to decide who to ask for advice and have finally settled on a bunch of internet strangers to save my embarrassment!

I am 38+6 and have a pile, a huge one and it's so painful! I have been putting Anusol on there but it's not doing much so I was wondering if there is anything else I can do? I'm on iron tablets as well which are making me go to the toilet quite a lot which really isn't helping, I have to push out a fairly gigantic baby soon and I'm worried it may explode!!!!

Cariad007 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:49:46

Have you tried a stool softener like Lactulose?

Morien Wed 05-Feb-14 05:59:49

Sympathy! I was in agony a couple of weeks ago (now 39+3). Over-the-counter remedies just weren't touching it, and once it gets that bad I think you need more than a stool softener (although that does make it less unpleasant). Go to your GP; they've seen it all before, and there are things they can prescribe in pregnancy (here in Belgium at least - must be something they can give you in the UK as well). Mine gave me 2 prescriptions, one to try first (a cream), and some tablets in case the cream didn't work. I ended up taking the whole course of tablets and I'm fine now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now