Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have worked myself into a state and now I am worried about my pregnancy, 14 weeks +5

(14 Posts)
mameulah Tue 04-Feb-14 22:01:17

I absolutely definitely, definitely have felt my baby move, from twelve weeks on wards. And in the last couple of days I THINK I have only felt it once.

Now I can feel a dull ache on the bottom right hand side of my stomach.

No bleeding or any other symptoms.

Any advice or reassurance would be much appreciated.

panicmechanic Tue 04-Feb-14 22:07:48

Hello, it's really early for you to be feeling the baby it could have been wind previously. It is the baby you might not feel it every day at this stage. I am 21 weeks and I don't. It can depend on where the baby is.

You could have a cold, sugary drink and lie on your left side - this is a recommendation from 20 weeks.

If you are still worried in the morning does your hospital have a early pregnancy assessment unit? Or have you got your midwife number.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but I am sending you lots of positive vibes

panicmechanic Tue 04-Feb-14 22:08:50

Btw the pain could be ligaments stretching

mameulah Tue 04-Feb-14 22:10:51

Thank you. I appreciate your advice.

I am sure I have felt the baby move. This is my third pregnancy and I am just certain that it was moving. Now I don't know and am almost too scared to speak to the midwife.

RhondaJean Tue 04-Feb-14 22:11:45

Is this your first pregnancy?

I'm sure I felt the baby really early in my second pregnancy but it was very light movements and early on not at all regularly. I think they can move around so much so one day they can be somewhere you might be aware of a sensation and the next they've moved and you can't feel anything.

If you are at all worried though contact your midwife.

jessthefletch Tue 04-Feb-14 22:12:17

I completely understand how worried you must be as I had a similar experience at 20 weeks (which turned out to be nothing to worry about) Have you tried the usual tricks of cold/warm/fizzy drinks then lying down in a calm environment to see if that encourages movement?

RhondaJean Tue 04-Feb-14 22:12:31

Sorry cross posted there.

mameulah Tue 04-Feb-14 22:17:21

Rhonda, that is reassuring.

Am off to have a sugary something and see what happens.

Will contact the midwife tomorrow.

Thank you everyone.

Bumbolina Tue 04-Feb-14 22:17:37

Baby can move around at that age into a more un-noticeable position. I felt my second baby from 14 weeks, the feeling disappeared at 16 weeks and reappeared around 20 weeks!! Scared the crap out of me and I went to the docs to get them to listen in!

They've probably just spun round - try not to worry - the docs might be able to hear a heartbeat to reassure you if it helps.

lilyaldrin Tue 04-Feb-14 22:19:43

If you were feeling the baby moving, it's probably just moved into a different position. There's not really anything your midwife can do - they won't monitor the baby at this stage, I don't think they can do much until about 26 weeks tbh.

panicmechanic Tue 04-Feb-14 22:20:15

It's hard but try not to worry and speak to your midwife - I am sure they would offer you a scan/listen in. Good luck x

seatfor5 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:22:32

The same thing happened to me! I started feeling this little one at 11 weeks (am now 20+6) and around week 15 the movements got a lot less - I was convinced I was going to my 16 weeks gender scan with a dead baby! it turns out that I have an anterior placenta so as the placenta has grown it has then masked the babies movements! I was getting some movement but it always seemed to be at the sides. Now I am getting a lot move feeling as the baby gets bigger.

mameulah Tue 04-Feb-14 22:34:11

You have all made me feel so much better. Thank you very much.

I will phone the midwife tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

willitbe Wed 05-Feb-14 07:01:59

I had clear kicks at 20 weeks with my ds1, regular and very obvious. I went on a short flight and felt no movement for three days, at that point was panicking as no laying down/ sugary drinks etc could get the kicks back. So went for scan, there was the cheeky monkey merrily kicking away, he had just moved to beside the placenta and I couldn't feel the kicks (even though could see them on the scan). He obviously move again after another week and could feel the kicks again.

At 20 weeks they still have loads of room to hide away. If you are worried the do go and get reassured by the midwife, they are used to this happening and will be happy to put your mind at rest.,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now