Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

German measles. Help needed.

(5 Posts)
shelterbelter Tue 04-Feb-14 18:52:16

Picked DD up from nursery tonight, she is almost 2 and they informed that a child has German measles. I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant.

Am concerned that DD had some of the symptoms over the weekend, I put it down to a cold. She was off her food, slept lots, runny nose etc. I understand the rash appears later and she does not have one so maybe she doesn't have it.

Just not sure what to do now. Should I keep her off nursery so she doesn't get it and pass it into me or should it be ok. I've been immunised through childhood.

Maybe she does have it and rash not shown. Should I stay away from her?

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks

mousmous Tue 04-Feb-14 18:53:16

if you have been immunised you should be fine.

mrsravelstein Tue 04-Feb-14 18:53:59

i was exposed to rubella at about 8 weeks pregnant. GP did a blood test to check my immunity, which was fine, so i would make an appt for tomorrow.

Pepperglitter Tue 04-Feb-14 18:54:45

Have you had rubella? Or been vaccinated against it? I think if she has it you have probably been exposed by now anyway. You can get a titer drawn at your GP to see if you have immunity.

mrsravelstein Tue 04-Feb-14 18:54:51

immunity from vax is not necessarily lifelong so you need to check it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now