Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Private gender scan

(8 Posts)
NurseSapphire Tue 04-Feb-14 17:55:52

Hi all

I'm sixteen weeks on Sunday and am toying with the idea of going for a private gender scan, purely out of impatience rather than a desperate preference. I really don't mind as long as baby is healthy, I just reeeeally want to know.

Just wondering if anyone has had one this early and if their following twenty week NHS scan said differently?

It says on the clinic website that it's 99% accurate from sixteen weeks, but always nice to hear from real people grin

MummaSmurf1 Tue 04-Feb-14 18:16:47

I went for a private one at 19 weeks but only because my hospital is SO horrible and I didn't want a grumpy sonographer ruining what should be a lovely experience. I loved the private scan and it was a fab experience. I've got my proper one tomorrow, but it was pretty obvious at the private scan so I doubt it'll change.

MissSlackPants84 Tue 04-Feb-14 18:39:41

I always said I'd never have a private scan then low and behold I got to 16 weeks and was desperate to know the gender. Typically we can't get in anywhere private until about the same time as my 20 week scan so we are leaving it.

Do it if you can afford it and can get in somewhere....its a surprise if you find out at 16 weeks, 20 weeks or at birth!

Writerwannabe83 Tue 04-Feb-14 19:12:26

I had one at 16 weeks - it cost £55 I think. The baby was easily identifiable as a boy smile The whole experience was lovely!

youbethemummylion Tue 04-Feb-14 19:16:39

Yes I had one as much to check baby was ok as well as identify gender as I had an early scan at 6weeks due to bleeding so hospital said I had to skip 12 week scan and wait for 20 week scan. But after the scare I really needed to see baby before then. It was a good experience and only around �40ish

CrispyFB Tue 04-Feb-14 20:27:28

I had one at 16w2d and was told 80% boy. DD2 is most definitely not!

Having said that, most people's are right, and she did only say 80%.

firstbaby01 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:38:20

I have just had a private scan on the weekend with ultrasound direct and it was the most amazing experience ever! i would definatley recommend it smile they spent a good amount of time checking baby over and then went to look at gender and we could clearly see im having a boy.

BartBaby Wed 05-Feb-14 10:00:23

I had one at just over 16 weeks and baby had its legs crossed. They sent me off for a cold drink and a walk around and then had to go back and try again. The sonographer was lovely and he said it was a girl. And that he wouldnt have told me if he wasn't sure. At the 20 week scan legs were crossed again and they couldn't tell (although they didnt spend much time looking) so i was glad i had the private one.

I did have a growth scan at 27 weeks and it was confirmed a girl. Will find out in around 9 weeks if they are correct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now