Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please tell me I'm being ridiculous - castor oil moisturiser

(5 Posts)
Pinkandwhite Tue 04-Feb-14 16:12:44

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and suffering from really dry skin so yesterday I used a baby bee moisturiser on my legs and arms. I just looked at the ingredients and the main ingredient is castor oil. I've just read that castor oil can cause miscarriage. Can someone please tell me I'm being ridiculous to worry about this? It looks as though you actually have to drink castor oil for it to have an effect. I'm worrying about everything at the moment!

loopylouu Tue 04-Feb-14 16:17:51

Yes, surely only dangerous if you ingest it!

FWIW, I had terrible constipation at around ten weeks.....I took dulcolax without thinking. Read the label, it said contains castor oil, do not use when pregnant. I went to the dr in a state, she told me to calm down, it was only a small amount, just don't take it again.

Pinkandwhite Tue 04-Feb-14 16:21:52

Thanks loopylou. I just feel like such an idiot for not checking the ingredients. It's been about 20 hours since I used it so I'm guessing I'd know by now if there was a problem?

loopylouu Tue 04-Feb-14 16:34:12

I've had a google for you. Can only see it bringing on miscarriage/labour if it is ingested or inserted into the vagina.

I know what it's like to worry in early pregnancy, but I reckon you are safe. There can't be that much in a cream anyway.

Pinkandwhite Tue 04-Feb-14 16:43:03

Thanks again loopylou. I can't wait for the next few months to pass so that I can stop panicking about everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now