Talk

Advanced search

Movement 38 weeks

(9 Posts)
Londongirl84 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:02:26

I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that the movement has changed from kicks etc to now just pressure in different places- does this make sense?! When I say pressure, I mean as if the baby is stretching. Anyone else noticing this?

Writerwannabe83 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:09:22

I'm 32+4 and over the last 10 days or so my movements have definitely changed. I used to feel very localised kicks and punches and could pinpoint exactly on my abdomen where they occurred, but now the movements are just general waves of uncomfortable stretching throughout my entire bump. I have this strange sensation of pressure and then it feels like all my organs are being stretched but in slow motion - it's very bizarre and quite uncomfortable/painful at times.

Londongirl84 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:29:09

Yes that's similar to my experience. Slow motion stretching every so often. Anyone else? X

FredFlintstonesSister Tue 04-Feb-14 09:31:23

37 weeks. Lots of rolling and stretching but less kicks. Think she's just running out of room in there!

Wilberforce2 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:34:04

I'm 38+6 and movement has definitely changed over the last couple of weeks, I'm not getting kicks anymore just what feels like baby stretching and trying to turn over. Very uncomfortable! x

sophs37 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:40:48

I'm 38 weeks and feel like the movement have changed in the last week or so I like to feel her kick me so I know that she's ok it must be coz of lack of space! Can't wait to have her now so I can stop worrying

Pinkbell123 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:47:32

I think its normal as they run out of space. For the past few weeks I've had fewer kicks and jabs and more big lumps being pushed out of my bump. I still get jabs lower down which I think must be punches. hmm

lilyaldrin Tue 04-Feb-14 10:48:48

I'm 37 weeks and haven't had "kicks" for some time - more moving/pushing. The important thing is that the frequency doesn't reduce though.

Londongirl84 Tue 04-Feb-14 11:59:10

Pushing is a good word to describe the feelings. Want my baby to come so I can stop all this pregnant worrying!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now