Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ebay travel system's

(8 Posts)
LMH20 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:41:56

has anyone every used a new travel system from Ebay one of the unbranded or unknown brand one's i have been looking at various ones from germany and poland etc the prices are low and postage free confused

Clargo55 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:59:17

I wouldn't buy one from outside of the UK. They may not meet our safety regulations.

I am however looking at buying a second hand Icandy Peach from ebay.

Writerwannabe83 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:07:12

I picked up my Travel Systems today which I ordered from a woman on eBay. It was £380 RRP and I got it for £160! She only bought it herself brand new 7 weeks ago and has only been used twice!! It's gorgeous and in immaculate condition, I'm over the moon with it!!!

I also wouldn't buy from abroad - as tempted as the prices are - as you don't know the quality or the safety regulations and I imagine they aren't easy to return smile

LMH20 Tue 04-Feb-14 22:58:33

they all have British safety standards on them EU regs are all combined into one so German safety is the same as UK's if not better just worried about having to return it if it has something wrong with it

MrsCharlieD Wed 05-Feb-14 06:47:50

I would be worried about that too. There are many reasonably priced systems available from UK retailers that i would feel much more comfortable knowing i could take it back to the store if anything should be wrong with it. It is also risky buying something you haven't tried. How would you know how easily it folds, if the carrycot and car seat are easy to take on and off, does the handle adjust suitably for you and your partner, does it handle well and will it fit in your boot? You can test all these things in your local mothercare; kiddicare etc to give you real piece of mind. If cost is an important factor have you looked at the graco evo? I don't know from experience but I've heard on here that it is excellent for the price. Is your baby due soon? If you have enough time and are feeling up to it definitely go round your local shops and try them all out.

LMH20 Fri 28-Feb-14 03:08:16

i have decided on a hauck shopper folds in 2 clicks and can use the car seat mode for public transport so it doesnt get in peoples way

ladymia Fri 28-Feb-14 14:04:24

Would absolutely not do this. They are usually cheaply made and WILL break and how do you go about getting it fixed?

If you can't afford one of the branded pushchairs perhaps wait for the sales or look at the own make of Mothercare / Mammas and Pappas.

LMH20 Fri 28-Feb-14 17:26:32

Hauck is a branded pushchair I have heard a few bad things online but never to my face to it must just be online people who have trouble with them it will only be used once a month anyway I'm AP rest of the time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now