Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whats your typical days intake of food during pregnancy?

(69 Posts)
moomin35 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:21:07

Am worried I am maybe not eating the right things. I know I am not eating enough fruit or veg or drinking enough water, I probably have too much caffeine too - what are you all having?

SweetPea86 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:31:02

I am a human Hoover

I drink lots of water.

Crisps is my downfall, I have sickness still at 30 weeks and seems to help with that.

But I love cooking good home made meals.

I don't drink tea or coffee and before I was pregnant I drank way too much diet coke, and completely cut that out sines being pregnant.

Snacking is my main prob tho.

As long as your not eating fast food burgers three times a day u should be fine smile

SweetPea86 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:32:46

Also to add I had every intention on eating super healthy whilst preg, but it hasn't worked, if i eat lots of fruit I end up in agony with heartburn I can't bloody win

Sausagesaurus Mon 03-Feb-14 20:46:22

I started off being really healthy but as my pregnancy progressed (only 14 weeks now) the smell of hot food made me nauseous, I could only face dry foods, like crisps and bread. Still now I struggle with hot food and probably eat too much unhealthy food, but it's the only stuff I can stomach at the moment. And I need to eat!

I drink plenty of water and have one cup of tea in the morning. I've cut out diet coke too, used to drink so much of it! I actually tried a draft diet coke today and it didn't go down too well. I'm also eating a lot more salad. I used to eat loads of veg anyway as I love it, so when I can face it, I make sure I eat it.

We do make home made food every night but it's not always I can face it. I'm trying to get past the nausea though and just eat it.

Aaliyah1 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:48:58

I've gone off food hmm I eat because I have to and generally will eat the quickest thing. Feel as if I'm not getting enough food or not the right kind. Here's a typical day;

Cereal in morning

Baked potato/sandwich in the afternoon

Then something small in evening-chicken salad/ chicken with veg

rachyconks Mon 03-Feb-14 20:49:10

I'm lucky if I manage a bowl of frosties a day at the moment. Not got sickness as such, just no appetite and an overwhelming sense of nausea when I think about or look at food. Particularly savoury things, chocolate I can manage!

rachyconks Mon 03-Feb-14 20:49:42

Should have added, I'm 32 weeks tomorrow.

Aaliyah1 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:49:44

Oh I'm 30 weeks!

Coveredinweetabix Mon 03-Feb-14 21:01:18

Up to week 15, cheese sandwiches, apples &, occasionally, a packet of Quavers. Week 15 onwards a 3am toast fest, breakfast at 7.30am, second breakfast at 9am, lunch, 3pm yogurt, banana & cake, pasta for supper. I put on 4 stone in each pregnancy but felt as though I had no choice. I just needed stodge. And got really lightheaded if I didn't eat it. With DC1, it took me until her second birthday to lose the pregnancy weight as I didn't stop the 6 meal a day habit in the belief that the weight would fall off me as I bf; with DC2, I was pre-preg weight by his first birthday.

teaandcake14 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:05:30

Loving how much of a piglet I now look in comparison! Average day for me at the mo (25 weeks):
Breakfast: Porridge/branflakes, glass of juice or smoothie
9:30ish: Flapjack or chocolate chip brioche (on the sugary stuff at the mo!) and tea
Lunch: Huge bean/rice/general salady bits salad or a small meal, e.g leftover veggie and bean chilli - depends if I'm at work. Fruit, some sort of extra savoury snack - carrots and humous or those yummy pop-chips, juice or smoothie, water.
Afternoon snack: Handful of dried fruit. Water.
Getting from work snack: Handful of nuts or a yoghurt. Water.
Dinner: Will be a big meal, just had a tomato tart with steamed brocolli and new potatoes. Pudding is jelly with fruit in, ice cream, something like that. Water.
If I'm on a hungry day I might have more fruit, toast or crumpets before bed, with a chamomile tea.

HopeS01 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:08:06

Today I've had the following: (times are approximate and this is a pretty average amount of food) smile
8:00 - Corn flakes
10:30 - A hot cross bun
13:00 - Spicy parsnip soup
15:30 - Yoghurt and an orange
18:30 - Pork chop with cabbage, mushrooms, mashed potato and peas

For snacks I usually have chopped up Apple, grapes etc. but I do treat myself to chocolate bars/cake/biscuits a couple of times a week if/when I fancy it.

I'm eating a lot, but I haven't gained much (if any) excess weight. I haven't tried especially hard to be healthy I just don't think the baby wants junk food! He's craving vitamins and minerals.

HopeS01 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:09:59

Oh I'm 39+5

Inglori0us Mon 03-Feb-14 21:50:37

I have 2 toast & marmite first thing, and sometimes second breakfast of a small bowl of cereal. Lunch is usually healthy, baked potato, salad or soup. Dinner is my main meal but I do snack on stuff like crisps, fruit, crackers, cheese or biscuits in the afternoon.
I've been eating more takeaways too.
I was strictly on Slimming World before I got pregnant as I was losing the near 4 stone I gained with my first baby, so I was on a very low fat & low sugar diet.
Now I just eat what I want but make the effort to eat lots of fruit & veg. I drink decaf tea but have the occasional full caf latte, Pepsi max and I love my 2 small wines a week.
I have to drink a lot of fluids as I have very low blood pressure so I have a 2l bottle if fizzy water a day.

Inglori0us Mon 03-Feb-14 21:50:56

I'm 30 weeks.

moobaloo Mon 03-Feb-14 21:59:38

25 weeks

Big bowl of cereal
Apple juice
4 crumpets
Chocolate bar
2 coffees
Beef, veg and potato stew
Yoghurt
Pear and apple and raspberry smoothie

Yum

I tend to have ok breakfasts and dinners and utter crap for lunch! Eating pretty much whatever I feel like though. Have gained 1 stone since being pg. think that's ok?

SweetPea86 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:59:56

Reading these posts is making me hungry....must resist raiding the fridge arghhhhh

eurochick Mon 03-Feb-14 22:08:25

I have zero interest in protein or veg at the moment (10 weeks). Carbs are my friend. Salt and vinegar crisps are my favourite food. I can at least still manage fruit, so that's something. Otherwise, unless it's beige, I ain't interested.

Today was a low nausea day so I had:

Orange juice
Granola
Nibbled Belvita biscuits to get me through the morning
Chocolate brazils and raisins
Ham roll
Crisps
Fruit salad
2 small pieces of baklava
Small nakd bar (dried fruit)
Bread and butter to stave off pre-dinner nausea
Steamed fish and rice
Peppermint tea

That actually wasn't terrible. Some days are much worse.

I used to really watch my diet and eat pretty well, but now it's just about what I can get down and eating things when not hungry to stave of nausea (it's much worse if I get hungry).

Applesauce29 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:10:37

14 weeks

Typical day:
Breakfast - peanut butter on toast / cereal and hot chocolate milk
Mid morning - fruit and juice / smoothie, or occasionally decaf tea and cake / biscuits
Lunch - sandwich / wagamamas / planet organic medium lunch box
Afternoon - yogurt, dried fruit and occasionally nuts
Dinner - fish / tofu / quorn, occasional chicken curry / steak
Evening - hot chocolate milk / yogurt / banana and occasional brownie / chocolate

I try to eat 5 a day of veg, but find that difficult sometimes. Only put on 1-2 lbs so far

Sussex31 Mon 03-Feb-14 22:40:20

21 weeks, today I had:

Hot cross bun and strawberry milkshake for breakfast
Grapes for elevenses
Egg and cucumber seeded roll for lunch
Apple for afternoon snack
Homemade chicken casserole with tomato, pepper and carrots + garlic bread for dinner

Limiting myself to 2 cups of tea a day. Otherwise I just drink lots of water and a glass or two of fruit juice.

Somehow I have managed to put on a stone in the last 3 weeks so I am trying really hard to be good. I haven't been eating that badly as far as I can tell so trying to not weigh myself too regularly and worry about that later.

Confitdecanard Mon 03-Feb-14 22:50:06

I can't stop eating. Today I have had:

Breakfast: toast, apple, squash
Snack: mango yoghurt
Lunch: fish cakes, salad and coleslaw, three Bourbon biscuits, squash
Dinner: pepperoni pizza, slice of New York cheesecake with cream, squash.

I seem to start off well and get worse as the day goes on. I'm not usually sweet-toothed but sweet things are my downfall at the moment. I'm 36 weeks. No idea how much weight I have put on, I daren't get on the scales...

RedCountryRoads Mon 03-Feb-14 22:53:44

21 weeks.

Breakfast: Bowl of Shreddies with semi skimmed milk. Glass of OJ
Mid morning: cereal bar. Lots of water
Dinner: Soup and bread, packet of crisps, chocolate biscuit. Orange cordial or vimto.
Mid afternoon: cereal bar. Water
Tea: anything from spag bol to sausage and mash to meat and two veg. Chocolate bar and a big glass of Pepsi max.

Bread is my massive craving. It stops me feeling sick or hungry.
Occasionally i'll have a Pepsi in the morning. I don't have any other caffiene but I still feel guilty.
I need to eat more veg and salad really but my diet is the same bar the snacking.

I'm still in my normal tops and only just starting wearing maternity bottoms. I have no idea how much weight I've put on as I haven't weighed myself in almost a year. I'm happy as long as my clothes fit!
A lot of you seem a hell of a lot healthier than me. I think I need to have a strong word with myself blush

Mummytobe2014 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:05:49

Im starving now having read the above posts....

Im 35 weeks and today ate:

4 x croissants
Ham roll
Chicken with mozzarela parma ham carrots and homemade chips
2 x tea
Apple juice
2 x small dairy milk choc bars
Some water

I have had really bad days tho i dnt eat fruit at all so now feel guilty!

Mummytobe2014 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:07:01

Oh and two glasses of whole milk :-)

ClearlyMoo Mon 03-Feb-14 23:17:13

I'm aiming for "little and often", mainly with protein/veg at most snacks but sometimes I lose my vision. No idea how much weight gained. Was 18lb up at 18 weeks haven't weighed since. Now 26weeks...

5am bagel with butter & jam
9am weetabix with milk
11.30am angel delight butterscotch milkshake
1.30pm parsnip and apple soup & bread, followed by ice cream
3pm Reese's peanut butter cup thing
4.30pm crisps and Philadelphia light
5pm handful choc coated raisins
7.30pm risotto
9pm hot chocolate

Mummytobe2014 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:48:15

Clearlymoo - angel delight butterscotch milkshake sounds amazing i absolutly love butterscotch angel delight!!! Exactly what i need right now lol! I have had a thing for milkshakes my whole pregnancy! :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now