Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sex in preg

(20 Posts)
teasleromani123 Thu 30-Jan-14 20:10:23

HELLO...
I know its safe to have sex when pregs.. but I have got a question!..... When I have sex with my husband most sex positions are uncomfortable.. and I don't know why!! is it pressure on babies head?? or am I being silly smile x

EirikurNoromaour Thu 30-Jan-14 20:14:36

Unless he has a 12" dong he's not touching the baby's head (ew)
It's because everything gets shuffled around down there. Your uterus is probably pushing down more and therefore the cervix is lower, plus your pelvis is likely to be looser. Take it easy!

Littlebear88 Thu 30-Jan-14 20:29:52

Hi Teasle I saw on another post your 5 weeks pregnant? I wouldn't worry about the baby's head as the whole baby is the size of a poppy seed!

teasleromani123 Tue 04-Feb-14 17:08:43

im just worried of me having another miscarriage sad So scared husband thinks im going off him lol what to do ??? Worried

EdithWeston Tue 04-Feb-14 17:10:58

Have non-penetrative sex util you feel more confident.

middleclassdystopia Tue 04-Feb-14 20:14:49

Hi there. I'm 30 weeks and haven't felt comfortable with penetratrive sex this pregnancy for various reasons.

We've had fun doing other stuff though, just do what you feel comfortable with.

Cariad007 Tue 04-Feb-14 20:54:05

I'm 38 weeks and we still do the deed but not that often as it sets off mild Braxton Hicks/cramping and I spend the rest of the evening in pain! Anyone else get that?

Fedup1992 Tue 04-Feb-14 23:50:11

Hey 40 weeks and wer still at it! Gets uncomfortable do bending over is best ATM. Can't wait for comfortable sex. Tbh caraid007 I don't think iv had any BH!

I am getting a lot of twinges inbetween my legs now not sure if it's on my nerve but I have nearly fell a few times xxx

Cariad007 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:34:28

Eek maybe it's just me then! My partner is 12 years younger and we've always joked that he has super-sperm as it only took us two weeks to conceive, and now I'm honestly thinking that if I go past my due date then lots of sex is not an old wives' tale - it really will help!!

teasleromani123 Wed 05-Feb-14 10:00:21

All im going to say is that is isn't a small one lol... before I got pregs we were at it 24/7 but now I am pregs (2 miscarriages in past ) im just so scared that if we have sex a little rough :/ then I'll have a MC.. I want to have sex but Im dreading it,, OK then,, Here's a question for you all: what can I do to prevent having a MC smile

gamerchick Wed 05-Feb-14 10:03:09

sex doesn't cause a miscarriage.

squizita Wed 05-Feb-14 10:04:31

Teasle having intercourse when pg doesn't increase risk of miscarriage at all. smile But as with anything it can be worrying after loss. There is a great thread for pregnancy after miscarriage on here, which is really reassuring.

middleclassdystopia Wed 05-Feb-14 10:15:49

The only reason I'm avoiding penetration is because I've had several bleeds. I know it won't hurt baby but I can't face the trek to hospital for anti d injection every time I bleed (I'm rhesus negative)!

It really won't cause miscarriage or hurt the baby

mandbaby Wed 05-Feb-14 12:14:19

Cariad007 - in my previous 2 pregnancies, post 20 weeks, I would always get BH after sex. Some were so bad! And I'm pretty sure labour started with DS1 because we'd had jiggy in the morning. Like you, we also joke that DH has super sperm. We got pregnant within a month the first time, with DS2 I have no idea how I even got pregnant (we were just in the same room!!) and with this pregnancy we had one attempt at getting pregnant and did.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:33:15

I didn't have sex since finding out I was pregnant until I was 22 weeks pregnant. This was initially because of how crap I felt but then because I had 3 episodes of unexplained bleeding and was advised to abstain from sex until my 20 week scan as they wanted to see if there was anything obvious causing the bleeds that may be aggravated by sex.

The scan came back fine so after building up the courage me and DH decided to give it a whirl but TBH I just couldn't relax and enjoy it. It was uncomfortable, I could manoeuvre myself the way I wanted to because I had this huge bump attached to me but most of all, I was just too worried about causing another bleed. I just felt too tense. I was fine and the sex didn't cause any problems but we haven't done it since - I think my DH sensed I hadn't been able to enjoy it properly. I'm now almost 33 weeks and the thought of having sex just doesn't appeal at all. I get worn out trying to put my socks on, let alone have a sex session grin

NerdyBird Wed 05-Feb-14 13:52:21

We carried on DTD at first, but after a few episodes of spotting the last MW I saw said don't have sex. So we're not. There are plenty of other fun things to do if you feel like it! I'm hoping that after the anomaly scan we can give it another try, but if I bleed again we'll stop.

Sex won't cause a miscarriage but if you are prone to spotting or bleeding maybe don't do it for now as you don't want the worry.

teasleromani123 Thu 06-Feb-14 09:48:08

Thank you all for the replies, I just want to get past the 12week pregs and then i'll be fine... I have one more question for you all.. I have a 2 year old and he's 3 stone :D should I pick him up or not my husband keeps telling me off for picking him up now im preggers lol thanks

Writerwannabe83 Thu 06-Feb-14 09:59:49

My husband tells me off for picking up the cat who is 10lbs smile

teasleromani123 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:24:29

haha some men are so protective or just completely weird lol :D my husband is defo weird lol :P

squizita Thu 06-Feb-14 10:45:18

My DH knows much better than to give 'advice' or warnings. I'd hit the roof. angry With my medical history I know the risks of pretty much everything...

Well meaning "should you be doing that" makes me feel I'm being judged when this is a high risk pregnancy (lifting/working/eating spicy food etc' are not risk factors, I have a medical condition). It makes me massively upset and anxious, imagining people assume I contributed to my past losses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now