Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

1st time pregnancy - Scared out of my wits!

(14 Posts)
Amandaj78 Mon 27-Jan-14 15:31:46

i am aprox almost 10 weeks this is my first baby, im worrying about everything from not feeling anything to scan not showing anything.
my dating scan is in 3 weeks is it normal to not feel like your pregnant, only thing i have had is the occasional feeling bloated and nautious and tender boobs.

smilesallround247 Mon 27-Jan-14 15:42:15

oh hun I was the exact same! !! I thought when it came to the 12 week scan there wouldn't be anything there!
im now 28 weeks with a very lively girl kicking away at me.
at first the pregnancy didn't seem real but as time went on and I have scan pictures and now a huge bump. its so much more real! I promise when you feel the kicks it really hits home! x

Amandaj78 Mon 27-Jan-14 16:09:17

Hiya thankyou for your message
I am really hoping so I have wanted a baby for so long I even lost 4.5 stone to help achieve this and me and my fella are so excited. I'm itching to have this scan just to stop all the thoughts that there is nothing there . I get quite upset about it sometimes probably the hormones but you can't help think it when it's ur first x

ChicaMomma Mon 27-Jan-14 16:34:15

I'm 20 weeks and still dont feel pregnant! never had any sympthoms, and no real kicks yet either. Little bit of a belly but nothign i havent had before at my 'upper target weight' after a big bowl of pasta!!

Have had 3 scans and baby is perfect!

I had a 9 week scan as i just didnt believe there was a baby inside me at all, i was expecting to be told there was early onset of menopause instead.. but there it was, heart beating away!

Amandaj78 Mon 27-Jan-14 16:56:51

thanks ladies good to know im not the only one fretting lol any help and advise i can get is helpful you will all get sick off me soon with all my questions lol

smilesallround247 Mon 27-Jan-14 18:41:23

ah don't worry about the questions.
I'm having my first so we're in the same boat.
Its just magic when you see your little bean at 12 weeks. My other half got quite teary and he likes to think hes a 'hard' man :p
I must say though at 28 weeks I don't feel different/pregnant untill she kicks and reminds me that she's in there! x

Maryton Mon 27-Jan-14 18:48:58

I'm just the same as smiles - did not feel pregnant at all and went to first scan feeling a bit of a fraud! Now 28 weeks also, and can't often forget between the kicks and the aches and pains! Congratulations on the pregnancy! X

Amandaj78 Tue 28-Jan-14 08:59:54

thank you all you have all been a great support i will let you know how jelly fish is coming on when i get to see him/her.smile

firstpglivingabroad Thu 30-Jan-14 03:09:10

me too - was genuinely surprised at my first scan (8 weeks where I live) that there was a baby to see. Was convinced that everything was my imagination - I'd only done about 12 pg tests, all positive. Was even weirder at my 12 week scan seeing something that looked like a baby moving around like crazy & waving at me. I'm now 16+3 and still can't feel a thing and no bump. Looking forward to next scan in 5 days time to see the baby again.

Amandaj78 Thu 30-Jan-14 13:22:34

i am feeling nothing at all only the odd ache but i have read this is normal. im just scard that i will get there and there will be nothing there i will be so gutted.

HotCrossPun Thu 30-Jan-14 14:43:40

OP, there will be an antenatal group on here for people due at the same time as you. They are brilliant for sharing worries and experiences with people who are at the exact same stage as you. smile

Congrats!

Amandaj78 Sat 08-Feb-14 11:44:04

hi all

have any of you suffered from a miscarriage before your current pregnancies?
sadly we lost our baby on tuesday just gone and we were devastated i was almost 10 weeks.
we already know we want to try again, most sites are advising after the 1st regular cycle.
for any of you that have been through this can you give me some ideas on what i can do to help make the next one a healthy successful one, i am already taking pregnacare original and extra folic acid, anything else i can do and i have a healthy diet.

bugoven Sat 08-Feb-14 19:08:52

Amanda that is so sad I'm very sorry to read about your loss.

I had a mc last August/September. That was my first pregnancy after over 2 years ttc and 2 1/2stone weight loss. It had been a stressful month and from the moment I got my bfp I couldn't allow myself to believe all would be ok. I also had spotting so that worried me.
I miscarried naturally at about 6 weeks and bled lightly after that for what seemed like forever. My first proper cycle was 23 Nov and I started to feel very positive that, unlike several of my friends ttc, at least I knew I ciukd conceive.

I got my next bfp Boxing Day. I have had two reassurance scans at 6 and 8 1/2 weeks. I am now 10 weeks and booked in for my 12 week scan 18th February.

There is nothing you ciuld have done differently so be kind to yourself and have faith in your body that it will soon do this magical thing. I am a complete sceptic and atheist but just a positive mental attitude (after plenty of grieving) is really what I have to thank.

You will be ok and pregnant with a healthy little one soon Xx

Maryton Sat 08-Feb-14 19:09:38

Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear your news :-( I don't have any advice for you but I know there is a ttc after mc thread where I'm sure you will get some great support and advice. Best of luck for the future and take care of yourself xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now