Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant and Disneyland

(17 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Thu 02-Jan-14 09:00:35

So have just discovered am 5/6 weeks pregnant and we go to Disneyland on Monday. Now I'm a baby when it comes to the rides anyway so wouldn't want to be going on the 'big' rides but just wondering about all the small gentle rides. They all seem to have signs saying not suitable for pregnant women but what do you reckon?! Would I be alright on a few of them? Obviously don't plan on anything crazy or going on them constantly but as we are going with a group I would have to explain it all so early on if I can't go on a single ride! Advice please!!! What would you do?!

TIA xxx

mrsseed Thu 02-Jan-14 09:08:45

not sure about what rides. I would avoid those that hold you in with a bar accross groin/tummy though. ..its been a few years, but I assume thy still do it. get yourself to customer services when you get there and tell them. you then get a pass that allows no queue access to some rides and into seated area during parade and front of breakfast queues in disney hotels.
It does mean outing yourself to friends though and with it being so early I'm not sure if they require evidence. (I was 20weeks when I went so reasonably obvious).

aGnotherGnuletideGreeting Thu 02-Jan-14 09:09:29

I had the same thing when PG with DC1, but was only the Paris one. I found enough to keep me amused. Everyone knows I hate big rides so I didn't have to explain anything, and I was a useful bag-holder!

The small rides/ ones that don't throw you around were fine, so I did Peter Pan, pirates of Caribbean, etc .
Have a great time grin

aGnotherGnuletideGreeting Thu 02-Jan-14 09:10:44

The rides I mentioned were ok for PG btw- I wouldn't have gone in anything that had a no PG sign - this was pfb

duzzlightyearsmum Thu 02-Jan-14 09:23:56

We're just going to Paris this time so hopefully will be alright then! Thanks for your help! Xxx

paperlantern Thu 02-Jan-14 09:54:17

Disney is all about the storytelling rides and I think you'll find the number you can't go on is comparatively small.

I've done paris and Orlando about 2-3 months pregnant. plan to do it slow. get as much of the rides done first thing on the morning --have a sit down--catch the shows and parades in the afternoon.

if you can provide medical evidence of your pregnancy they is a special ride entrance pass you can make use of. Wish I'd known this at the timegrin

paperlantern Thu 02-Jan-14 09:55:46

fwiw I would tell.

paperlantern Thu 02-Jan-14 09:58:54

thinking about this depends on whether the groups know you like rollarcoasters or not. if I suddenly declared I didn't fancy the fast rides it would be a bit suss.

but if nobody knows whether you have a deep passion for fast rides just talk them into doing one when you fancy a rest and you could get away with not telling

SugarMiceInTheRain Thu 02-Jan-14 10:01:49

I have been to Disneyland Paris twice in early pregnancy and did the small rides both times. You will be fine. If you don't want to have to let on that you are pregnant, just stick to the small rides. Have fun!

PuggyMum Thu 02-Jan-14 10:06:36

I went to Disney last year at the same stage as you with dh and our friends and their 2 dcs.

I found the sound of the ride was a giveaway. Hulking great roller coasters were a no no but I did go on the Harry potter ride which had warnings on it as my friends said it was very smooth and not a lap bar.

I went on the cheetah ride at Busch gardens as it looked quite tame but off in the distance it did get fast and a couple of drops so I was annoyed with myself for going on it!

jimijack Thu 02-Jan-14 10:10:07

I found I couldn't/wouldn't go on hardly anything but I have a history of multiple miscarriages so was hyper aware and anxious.

Still had a lovely time eating my body weight in food grin

beckylouise91 Thu 02-Jan-14 19:43:49

I'm low risk in my pregnancy and if this carries on and my pregnancy remains problem free my boyfriend and me are taking his little girl and niece to Disneyland Paris. We're aiming to go at about week 30 of my pregnancy so long as I get the consent from my GP as advised on the NHS website. I never knew about the pregnancy perks though - totally taking advantage of that to make an even better experience for the girls! They're 3 and 5 and are mad on the princesses so won't be wanting to go on the big rides (hallelujah pregnant or not I hate big rides) but I'll be doing its a small world and peter pans flight etc so long as the park staff allow me, they're only slow rides so I can't see it being an issue!! Eeek dunno whose more excited me or the kids :-D xxxxx

jen2014 Thu 02-Jan-14 20:41:20

Am 23 weeks with 2nd DC and did a small roller coaster ride at a theme park a few weeks ago. I love my rides etc so I get DH to try things out for me first and he lets me know if the rides are ok. But I also get funny looks just for taking 2yr DS on a bouncy castle at his playgroup so I wouldn't attempt it when obviously showing as the filthy looks and comments are unbearable.

theshizniz Sun 19-Feb-17 17:58:26

This is a blog I wrote about my own experience in Disneyland at 24 weeks pregnant

theshiznizblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/19/disneyland-paris-at-24-weeks-pregnant/

KitKat1985 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:16:49

We did WDW in Florida when I was about 16 weeks pregnant with DD1. I would warn you that Disney are hyper-cautious (probably afraid of getting sued) so have a 'no pregnant women sign' on pretty much every ride, even ones they allowed babies on! However I just used common sense and went on slow and gentle rides. I'm not a fan of thrill rides anyway so it didn't bother me.

10storeylovesong Sun 19-Feb-17 19:41:22

I've just returned from Disneyland Paris - was 6 weeks pregnant while there. I used my own common sense with rides, e.g. The Peter Pan ride and Pinocchio ride both say no to pregnancy but I've been on them before and they're really slow so I was happy to chance it (I presume that it's because of the lap bar but so early on there's no bump to squash!). The Toy Soldier ride didn't say anything but I wasn't going to chance dropping down like that! I've also had recurrent early miscarriages and am very sensitive to stuff but like I say, happy to use my common sense!

10storeylovesong Sun 19-Feb-17 19:43:04

Becky - nearly every ride at Disneyland Paris says no pregnancy and I would imagaine the staff are quite keen on if you are obviously showing at 30 weeks. It might be worth you checking before you go to avoid disappointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now