Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

RESTLESS LEGS

(16 Posts)
luboo Wed 19-Jul-06 06:59:55

Hi!
I am 28 weeks pregnant and am being woken up in the night frequently by a searing ache in my legs. Does this sound like Restless legs? Any tips anyone?
x

Blandmum Wed 19-Jul-06 07:24:31

Tonic water is supposed to be good for restless legs. Same you can't have the gin too.

d1153978712420b000389 Thu 27-Jul-06 06:57:28

Hello luboo (I haven't worked out how to choose my nickname). It is 8am and I have been up all night with restless legs. I am 22 weeks, but no, I don't have any suggestions. PLEASE....someone help us!!

suzywong Thu 27-Jul-06 07:03:46

only if you promise to change your nickname pronto!

The thing you need is Clarins Lourdes Jambes, it's green and like a lotion and you rub it on and put your legs up and they cool down immediately. That works topically, but are you all seepinng with on your left side with a pillow between your knees?

I think martianbishop has been on the gin too much and is just enamoured with tonic water as I've never heard that one before

7up Thu 27-Jul-06 07:05:33

check you havent got anaemia, i had painful restless legs and it turned out its one of themain sypmtons of anaemia in pregnancy

twocatsonthebed Thu 27-Jul-06 12:32:54

Or it could be cramps - I was getting these in the early morning, and someone said that potassium helped. 2 bananas a day isn't doing wonders for my digestion, but the aches are much better. And calcium too - but I think I'm getting enough of that.

winnie Thu 27-Jul-06 12:41:58

one thing that helped me with this was lying on my back, bottom against the wall and legs up the wall... in the end I could virtually go to sleep in this position... you have my sympathies it is horrid.

Morningnewspaper Fri 28-Jul-06 14:23:50

Ah yes - tonic water has quinine in it, which is essentially the quinine sulphate that doctors prescribe for cramp. I have a similar problem except that I have a restless back(!). The two things that got me sorted, were seeing a homeopath and also doing stretches before going to bed. I was beside myself!!!

Morningnewspaper Fri 28-Jul-06 14:24:47

Ah yes - tonic water has quinine in it, which is essentially the quinine sulphate that doctors prescribe for cramp. I have a similar problem except that I have a restless back(!). The two things that got me sorted, were seeing a homeopath and also doing stretches before going to bed. I was beside myself!!!

Morningnewspaper Fri 28-Jul-06 14:28:26

Calmriver Fri 28-Jul-06 21:19:53

I had that a lot in my first pregnancy.x

Ponka Fri 28-Jul-06 21:23:11

I've suffered from RLS since I was small but only realised what it was as an adult. I wouldn't describe it as a pain but I suppose it's possible others may experience it differently. I'd describe it as an unbearable itching in my legs that means I HAVE to move them. I know that cramp is quite common during pregnancy and it sounds more like that to me.

redz Sat 29-Jul-06 14:54:24

Hi Luboo,
Im 33 weeks PG, and have had pains in my legs too as well as in my arms. I found sleeping with a pillow under my belly and one in between my knees helps alot. Couldnt imagine going to sleep any other way it also helps with back pain. The only problem is when you need to turn in the night its quite alot of work readjusting all the pillows but then nothing's easy when PG!

Bellaandbump Fri 07-Sep-07 17:46:54

I have been using a tissue salt called Mag Phos 8 for several weeks. It has really helped with the restless legs a lot. I go for days without any problem, when before it was every night. It is a hopeopathic remedy so supposed to be safe to take as much as you need when pregnant. It was recommended by the alternative health column in the Sunday Times a few months ago. Hope it helps!

Bellaandbump Fri 07-Sep-07 17:50:08

Sorry, should be homoeopathic!!

sputnik Fri 07-Sep-07 18:17:10

Sounds more like cramp than restless legs. Restless legs is that feeling that you have to move them - I had that and was told calcium - it worked, a good platee of sardines and they were sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now