Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you get induced if you were me?

(19 Posts)
Christelle2207 Sat 03-Aug-13 10:47:38

Hi, just seen thus hope everything went/ is going well. Do update when you can. I'm currently overdue and desperate to avoid induction but in your situation would have gone for it. Look forward to hearing good news soon.

bunchofposy Sat 03-Aug-13 10:10:09

Hello Almond so exciting that you are about to have your baby! Think you def made the right decision. I was induced with my first and it was all fine so hoping it's gone well for you. xxx

(ps hello there too pink and anda!)

IBelieveInPink Sat 03-Aug-13 00:33:41

Hope all went well almond, and you are enjoying snuggley baby cuddles now smile

Readynow Thu 01-Aug-13 12:29:40

I was induced with my first baby but due to him being 2 weeks late - not for a medical reason so just thought I would share my experience!
I was started off with a pessary about 2 pm & told to spend my afternoon walking around to see if this brought on contractions. By 9pm nothing had happened so my husband was sent home & I was told to get some rest & they would give me a 2nd pessary the next day. At 3.30 am my contractions started and my DS was born at 6.30 am!!! I was worried that induction would take days as that had been the case for anyone I knew who had been induced but it was not the case. Good luck for today

AlmondFrangipani Thu 01-Aug-13 12:21:17

Thanks everyone! Going in at 1pm! X

CheeseFondueRocks Thu 01-Aug-13 09:48:11

Good Luck for today!!!!

rosiedays Thu 01-Aug-13 09:41:16

Hi just wanted to say I think you've made the right decision. I was induced 2 weeks ago for similar reasons at 39 weeks. I was very anti induction but agreed as at the time both baby and I were ok. No guarantee we would be the same in a weeks time! Induction was ok and dd is doing much better out than she was in.
Good luck and enjoy those first baby snuggles
Oh my advice ( if you read this before) if you need the drip have the epidural my only regret is i waited to long before asking for it. Xx

CuppaSarah Thu 01-Aug-13 09:17:14

Good Luck today! I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible and you're having lovely newborn snuggles soon. flowers

AlmondFrangipani Thu 01-Aug-13 07:15:34

Hi Pink and Coke! Lovely to see you guys lurking on here! Thanks for the replies. Hope you guys are getting on well xx

IBelieveInPink Wed 31-Jul-13 22:26:55

Hey Almond! I remember you from a thread a while back! Just wanted to pop in and say congrats, glad things have gone so well til now, and so pleased to hear you will get your snugly baby cuddles tomorrow! Yay!
Also - I agree with all the advice here smile
Hope all goes really well tomorrow for you

andadietcoke Wed 31-Jul-13 21:50:44

Good luck for tomorrow almond hope it all goes well (and quickly!)

DaleyBump Wed 31-Jul-13 21:49:34

Agree with previous posters. Best of luck for tomorrow! flowers

AlmondFrangipani Wed 31-Jul-13 21:12:30

Thanks all for your messages. Having reflected on it for the past few hours I agree that it is best to take their advice and go for the induction tomorrow. I dont think my nerves could take waiting until Monday!!

solarbright Wed 31-Jul-13 20:32:49

Sooner is probably best, in your case I'd go with the medical advice. But ask them what the emergency section rate is with induction at your hospital. It can be pretty high - just so you'll be ready and have all the info. (That's not to say you shouldn't induce as suggested by your medical team!! Just so you're prepared if it's a likely outcome.)

Hey, you'll have your baby in your arms really soon - exciting!

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 31-Jul-13 20:27:27

I'm not generally an advocate of induction. However, these are very specific circumstances that I definitely think warrant induction

HJBeans Wed 31-Jul-13 20:25:40

I would go ahead, too. For me it would be entirely down to risk-benefit trade off for the baby, and especially given your special circumstances, I'd want to take expert advice on that. I know if something went wrong and I hadn't I wouldn't be able to live with it - which is why I'm booked in for induction in just over a week if nothing happens naturally first.

Good luck with your choice and the rest of your pregnancy.

lozza22 Wed 31-Jul-13 20:24:16

I agree with cheese, i was anti induction as well but in your circumstances id go for it, better be safe than sorry. Good luck

CheeseFondueRocks Wed 31-Jul-13 18:02:07

I'd be induced tomorrow if I was you and I'm generally anti induction.
My reasoning is that while you have reached a great deal to get to 39 weeks, I doubt that you will go into labour before Monday. You might or might not so those few days won't make a difference to your baby since induction seems inevitable anyway. Better get baby out safely now than wait and risk both of your health.

AlmondFrangipani Wed 31-Jul-13 17:40:08

So...bit of a long post so sorry for that. I am 39 weeks with my first baby. I have had Chronic Kidney Disease all my life and have been closely monitored during this pregnancy to check my health and that the baby is growing etc. Originally they thought I would have a premature baby and probably a c-section at 34 weeks however things have gone really well and I have made it this far. Today I went for my final scan and to discuss induction as they don't want me to go past my due date due to the strain on my kidneys and the unknown effect this could have post birth.

The baby is a good size and everything appears to be fine apart from 1 elevated BP reading today. They did a S&S on me and whilst my cervix is soft not much else is going on. Originally they said they were going to book me in for Monday but changed their mind on the BP level and booked me in for tomorrow instead. They also sent me for monitoring of the babies heart beat as I said I have had reduced movements over the past 24 hours. This was all fine.

So...would you go for the induction tomorrow or push back and wait until Monday? I am in 2 minds, half of me things that I have got this far and just to get on with it whilst the other half says if I can go into labour naturally then that would be best (although there doesnt appear to be any signs that this is imminent)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now