Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant after a miscarriage

(8 Posts)
mummyblues Mon 29-Jul-13 15:44:06

I just wondered if anyone has had an experience of becoming pregnant soon after a miscarriage or did you wait until after you first period?
Is it safe to start straight away?
Thanks

NotSoSuper Mon 29-Jul-13 16:43:34

I was told I could start trying again after my first period. Think that is just so they could work out dates though. I got pregnant again after my second period

andadietcoke Mon 29-Jul-13 19:28:09

I was told to wait two cycles, actually waited one. That first period after the mc, for me, was worse than the mc itself in terms of how heavy it was - I was glad I'd got all that out my system before TTC again.

I think the 'wait x cycle(s)' advice is more to do with dating and your mental well being than anything physiological.

mikkii Mon 29-Jul-13 19:31:48

I was advised to wait until after my period, but the consultant said that dating the new pregnancy was the only reason for advising this.

Good luck

princesscupcakemummyb Mon 29-Jul-13 19:32:56

hi mummyblues i had a mmc sep 2012 i got told i could start trying right away if i was ready how ever it took my cycles about 5 months to settle i conceived again in feb 2013 now in a healthy pregnancy so short answer is when ever your ready good luck to you take care

LittlePeaPod Mon 29-Jul-13 19:35:07

Hi Op,

I mc this Februray and we started ttc straight away. The doctor and MW oth said it was fine to star straight away. We fell pregnant in April (after 1 cycle post mc) and I am 17+4. Good luck Op. flowers

lola1980 Mon 29-Jul-13 19:36:46

Yes they advise you to wait just so they can more accurately date the pregnancy.
How are you feeling about becoming pregnant again? I had two miscarriages before this pregnancy, I'm due next Thursday and still can't relax until she's born! I found it hard to believe it was successful, even after 3 early scans before 12wks. I suppose what I'm saying is that if you also feel anxious next time, there is every possibility that things will go well smile

ZingWidge Mon 29-Jul-13 20:20:19

mummyblues

I actually waited until after EDD. and then some. I
we'd already had 4 DCs and it took me 10 months after MC to get brave and try again. I think I'm not the majority though.

as others said it's a good idea to wait for a period - if for nothing else you probably won't want to use your MC or the previous last period dates as reference.

so sorry for your loss.sad thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now