Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out ...

(10 Posts)
hugshugs Sat 27-Jul-13 21:17:49

I'm pregnant. Argh! A little all over if I'm honest. The clearblue says 2-3 weeks since conception, but can't remember when my last period was, so don't know dates. I should go to the doctors right, but is there anything else glaring I need to do (other than tell my husband who is currently out!!!)

x

Hawkinzy Sat 27-Jul-13 21:21:25

Congratulations! smile

Preggersandmelting Sat 27-Jul-13 21:24:58

Congratulations!
You are probably 4-5 weeks pregnant so early days and lots of time to get organised.
Will this baby be your first? Enjoy the early days of disbelief and amazement-you are growing a person!
You should see doctor in next few weeks who will refer you to midwife and you should probably start taking vitamins of you aren't already.

And get your husband home so you can tell him!

hugshugs Sat 27-Jul-13 21:29:09

Thank you! This is a first baby - got married early last year, so nice timing I think. I don't take vitamins, so need to get onto that.

I can't get my husband home - he is gigging at the moment so won't be home until about 2 ish I don't think.

Never mind a child ... I have a swarm of butterflies in my stomach lol!

JoniR Sun 28-Jul-13 05:06:28

Congratulations! I found those first few weeks both hugely exciting and terrifying. Start taking folic acid and vitamin d if you haven't already. I'd avoid any multi-vitamins that have iron in them just incase as you may become constipated and iron wont help!

Mogz Sun 28-Jul-13 07:38:49

Yay, congratulations!
Go get some pregnacare vitamins, an appointment with your GP and plan how you're going to tell your DH.
Above all enjoy.

FraterculaArctica Sun 28-Jul-13 07:59:54

Congratulations and know exactly what you mean about being all over the place, I just got a +ve test this morning! Also #1. Have you told your DH yet?

hugshugs Sun 28-Jul-13 12:46:47

Told him - very excited! I'm going to go to the docs tomorrow I think, and get the ball rolling there. Need to get folic acid though as I haven't been taking it at all.

Fraturcula - have you told your good news yet?

X

JodiLeighLeigh Sun 28-Jul-13 17:28:47

Got my first ever +ve a few days ago. Have told DP, but it still doesn't feel real yet (despite having to take non alcoholic beer on our camping holiday!). When exactly does it really sink in?!?! It's not like it was unplanned!

FraterculaArctica Sun 28-Jul-13 20:05:35

hugs yes I've told DP - see my other thread here

Also going to the GP tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now