Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Urgent advice please

(29 Posts)
namechangedjustforthis Fri 26-Jul-13 20:53:26

I'm currently on holiday in Africa, found out I was pregnant last Saturday, started bleeding Saturday, very very heavy fresh red blood, so much so flooded for two days, still bleeding now but not as heavy, so thought I had an early miscarrige on Saturday, however pregnancy tests have been getting darker each day. Today I've started feeling a stitch like pain in right hand side, tonight it's getting sorer but not constant at all, just if I move. I end up doubled over with pain? I'm 5 weeks tomorrow (if I am still pregnant) if I was at home I would go get checked out, slightly worried it could be etopic? But no shoulder pain, do these symptoms sound like it could be? Would hormone level still rise if I had miscarrige last Saturday? I've googled and if it was etopic it would usually rupture between 6-8 weeks? Would it be totally stupid waiting till I'm home on Monday before getting seen? I have 3 kids with me in a foreign country, couldn't be a worst possible time! X

FoofFighter Mon 29-Jul-13 16:42:31

sad very sorry to hear that lovey

nextphase Mon 29-Jul-13 18:50:56

Sorry to hear your news. Glad your in safe hands. Have you got friends and family nearby irl to support you and the kids?
flowers

namechangedjustforthis Tue 30-Jul-13 09:34:08

I've lost the baby, couldn't see anything on scan. Bloods showed high hgc levels so got to repeat on Wednesday to see what they do, to confirm :-( xx

namechangedjustforthis Tue 30-Jul-13 09:47:36

I didn't think my message had posted as it was still in the box so sorry for posting it twice, had such a bad night, I didn't react at all when I got the scan i was quite sensible about it all, but as soon as I got back to the ward the nurse was lovely to me and gave me a cuddle which set me off, lol so those nice nurses should be sacked! They were all really lovely. I keep thinking at least it's now and not months down the line, but it's still hurts. Maybe I'm just feeling really down due to the hormones I have in me, ironic as soon as I woke up I felt the wave of nausea, it's pretty cruel that the pregnancy hormones stay for a bit after baby has gone.

I have my own business, working with newborns! Got a 5. day old baby due in today, I could cancel but then there's more due in tomorrow etc so I think I really need to do it and get it out the way, but its going to be hard :-( the way I'm feeling just now I will cry! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: