Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can HCG still double with EP?

(6 Posts)
91chloejp Sat 20-Jul-13 00:06:40

I have an ultrasound on Monday, I'll be 5w5d. I had a blood test last week Friday and Sunday and the HCG levels more than doubled from 315 to 1087.

I've been experiencing pain in my right shoulder now but not so much in my right pelvic region. So worried it may still be Ectopic. Has anyone had any experience of this?

tia x

Groper21 Sat 20-Jul-13 08:47:27

Ahh!! I am 7 weeks ans found out I was pregnant as waa experiencing pain in right side! I went ro hospital and a us was done which showed only the gestational sac. I gave blood and my hcg was 1748, 2 days later my hcg doubled. I was still getting pain and a week later had another scan, this time the yolk sac was present and I was told I was 5-6 weeks. I wad experiencing shoulder pain, more of a sharp shooting pain following the scan. The ab pain seemed to seize completely. I returned on friday and saw a tiny little bean with heartbeat.

Groper21 Sat 20-Jul-13 08:50:58

Continued from last...... Since seeing the heartbeat I have had a tiny bit in shoulder and side pain. My pregnancy is viable and im told everything is fine! I say the worrying makes you worse as I was convinced of ectopic. :-) it could be anything!! Don't worry and I know harder than it sounds!!!xx

Marrow Sat 20-Jul-13 08:59:28

With both my ectopics my HCG doubled at first. However IME the shoulder tip pain is excruciating and only started after I'd passed out a couple of times and was obviously very, very unwell.

If you are concerned then obviously you should seek medical advice. However as you are worrying it is possible that you may be tense and this could be causing the shoulder pain. Is DH/DP there to give you a nice massage?

Marrow Sat 20-Jul-13 09:21:54

Sorry in case I have worried you just wanted to come back and say that it is rare for the HCG to double in an EP. I am obviously some kind of freak of nature as my HCG didn't double with my DS (who is currently running round the garden) and I was told that he was clearly a non-viable probably ectopic pregnancy!

91chloejp Sat 20-Jul-13 11:16:40

Thank you for your responses.

I did have a scan on Monday, but I've had to move back into my parents' house as DH suggested I leave because he cannot deal with my mood swings "a second longer". So I'll have to make another appointment at the hospital and pray that I'm seen very soon.

Being back at home, I've noticed the pain in my right has lessened greatly but I'm still experiencing shoulder pain but you may be right, it could've been down to stress and tension.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now