Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gender reveal. Very happy! Are you?

(22 Posts)
MultipleMama Thu 18-Jul-13 21:53:04

Went to hospital today due to Braxton Hicks and an over protective DH. I have a high risk PG due to multiples and Oligohydramnios in T1.

Turns out it was Braxton Hicks not prem labour. Phew!

During a scan T1 gave a powerful kick and was asked if I wanted to know gender. I said yes despite knowing I'd have to keep it a secret from DH as we planned on finding out at our 3d scan on Sunday. So I'm going to let him be surprised on Sunday.

But I can reveal that T1 my little fighter is a boy and my darling T2 is a girl!

I'm so happy of both genders but overjoyed at finally having another girl.

I wanted to share my joy with you. Have you found out your gender yet or are you being surprised? smile

Holly94 Thu 18-Jul-13 22:18:32

Aww! One of each, that's lovely smile
Only 11 weeks here so another 9 to go, but I think we were planning on getting an early private gender scan at 16 weeks?
How far along are you?

mejypoo Thu 18-Jul-13 22:21:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Featherbag Thu 18-Jul-13 22:27:20

Found out this morning we're having a second boy! I admit to being a little tearful this afternoon when I started to think about all the nevers - I'll never be mother of the bride, never get to help my daughter through pregnancy, never get to buy a little pink dress, never get to use one of the names on my 'girl' list. I'd never admit this in RL by the way!

But then I started thinking of the positives - I already have all the 'boy' stuff, my boys will be 2 years apart and hopefully grow up best mates, I'll never have to worry about one of them coming in pregnant, won't have to fork out silly money for prom dresses or wedding dresses!

Plus, if I get a little lad half as loving, happy and good-natured as DS1, I'll be one lucky mammy indeed smile

chillisbopper Thu 18-Jul-13 22:42:54

Congratulations thanks one of each! That sounds lovely smile.

DH and I are expecting a boy in November, our first child envy. We found out about 3 weeks ago...we were going to wait for the surprise on the big day but I really reeeeaaally wanted to know and excitement got the better of me. I gave DH the option of not knowing and I wouldn't have told him but he said I'm a terrible liar and he'd find out anyway so we may as well find out together grin.

I was originally a little upset as I'd been convinced we were having a little girl, but I think it was more hormones than anything else. DH says I would have been the same no matter what gender we'd been told that day, he's probably right to be fair...and I needn't have worried, he's already started telling me all about his plans for when we have 2 maybe 3 children...I've not even given birth to this one yet lol!

I'm so glad we found out as I think it's helped me bond more with our boy, I'd felt a bit silly before talking to my stomach and also hated referring to baby as "it" hmm.

The one thing I do regret though is telling MIL the name we are thinking of using. She was just pushing and we said a few that we liked and she kept vetoing all the names we liked from day one (like its up to her grrrr!) and managed to get out of us which is out front runner...Jack. Now when she talks about our boy she calls him Jack and it's like I wasn't actually sure about it and I'm fairly certain she's told all of DHs family that we ARE calling him Jack hmm...I know it's daft but her doing that has actually started to really put me off the name. She is also being so super pushy that FILs name be his middle name and I really don't want that...so if you haven't already take my advice and keep names a secret even if it's a name you hardly like but it crossed your mind even for a second...especially if your ILs are anything like mine grin!

MultipleMama Thu 18-Jul-13 23:18:35

Thank you! These are our 2nd set of twins. Everything think they're going to be boys like my last set (but they were MoMo ID) so I can't wait to disappoint them that they are fraternal! smile

Lovely hearing everyone's stories!

Holly - I'm 20+2 smile

Feather - I was dreading feeling like that too even though DD is only 2. I thought I was just lucky with her and I'd never have another girl. Silly really but I didn't want her growing up surrounded by boys. Not that it's a bad thing but I wanted different for her. Very happy one is a girl but I love raising my boys too.

chilli We have his name picked out and decided on. Have since day 1 ( we chose our previous DC names by 20w and we kept to them). However we are totally undecided on her name! I hated referring them to "them" and "it". So glad I can address them properly now smile

Chrissy178 Fri 19-Jul-13 11:15:08

Was told at 19+6 weeks that they were pretty darn certain I was having a girl. Am really chuffed about it since I already have a little boy (who's 3 in October) so I get one of each! smile Didn't have an issue telling people the name we've got in mind for her, they've all said it's lovely.

The only problem now is my overexcited nan and mum now keep insisting I become more 'ladylike' (ie. wear dresses and shoes that aren't trainers - the only shoes I feel comfortable in) and claiming that my daughter 'had better not be a tomboy' (I was a tomboy btw and they didn't like it!).

Fairydogmother Fri 19-Jul-13 11:41:51

Congrats OP!

We found out at a private scan at 17 weeks that we're having a boy. The first in my family for 4 generations or maybe more as we don't know any more info further back! I'm 24 weeks now and can't wait for him to be here.

We ant telling anybody his name until he's born tho!

MultipleMama Fri 19-Jul-13 12:31:09

Chrissy I was a tomboy too. I hated dresses. My mother used to say I was rebelling for the days when she dressed in "pretty" things when I was a baby! I can't stand flip flops or sandals during PG so I stick to wearing my van trainers and slip ons with shorts and t-shirts!

My father wants us to have at least some Russian in their name so we're naming boy after my Grandpa's name (and dad's middle name).

fairy We were gunna keep the name secret but all the family love it especially my father. I hate deciding girls names. Who knows maybe after seeing her face on the 3d scan a name will come.

Thank you and congratulations everyone on your bundles of joy!

maggiethemagpie Fri 19-Jul-13 14:05:12

I'm very happy to be having a girl. I already have a son, and am not planning on having any more so a daughter is perfect.

Yonionekanobe Fri 19-Jul-13 20:47:13

Feather my MIL has two boys, and although I am very close to my Mum she I included her in the wedding preparations and she was a rock during my pregnancy with DC1 as she is during this one. She now loves having a granddaughter and doing all the 'girl' things is even more special, she says.

Franykins Wed 24-Jul-13 15:18:01

Congratulations flowers

We found out at a private scan at 17+1 that we are having a boy and a girl too. Then had it confirmed last week at our 20 weeks scan (although I was actually 21 weeks)

Chilli just tell her straight that the baby will (I assume) be having FIL surname so the middle name is up to you (as if it woudlnt' be!) I have already told DP that our babies middle names are after my mum and dad as they will have his surname and he is happy with this (although we are going to double barrel our surnames so there are no issues with schools/holidays etc with me having a different surname, then if we get married we can drop mine off the end) DP has got two boys from a previous relationship though and they have his dads names as middle names, but he could have asked for him mums as a middle name this time I guess.

Franykins Wed 24-Jul-13 15:20:12

Oh and we have our boys name sorted, struggling with our little girl though. SO many pretty names on our list but I'm finding it hard to commit as the name I always had my heart set on (for like 10 years!) we cannot use for various reasons. It is still on my list right at the top though...............................

Rosenip Wed 24-Jul-13 16:35:30

We found out 10 days ago we are having a little girl, I longed for a girl - although can't really explain why! DH was hoping for a boy and I remember feeling quite anxious on his behalf just before the scan and making him tell me he wouldn't be sad. He has been great since we found out but I can't deny there were probably a few minutes of disappointment.. Anyone else feel this with their DP?

However we are both mainly just happy that baby seemed healthy and happy in there!

x

Creamtea1 Wed 24-Jul-13 17:11:09

Sigh....this whole 'one of each' thing...
I'm a one of each sibling, my brother is 2 yrs younger than me. We have nothing in common, never have and have never really been close or get on. My cousins who are two sisters with the same age gap are however best friends and so close, always have been. I would love a sibling relationship like that - so rather than thinking of the stereotypical one of each ideal, which is the parents point of view, why not think of it from the child's.
Am sure will get flamed and people will now come on and say they are best friends with their brothers, but that's just my view.

MultipleMama Wed 24-Jul-13 22:01:01

Creamtea I was the opposite. I used to worship my brother when I was little and he used to say I annoyed him, we hardly got along. Bickering, insults, fights but then as I hit my teens we grew closer. My mama wanted one of each and I bet she regretted it during those heated moments, God rest her soul.

Congrats on your babies smile

Dogsmom Wed 24-Jul-13 22:55:19

We both hoped for a girl so had a gender scan at 16 weeks and was told she was a girl, I don't think I stopped smiling for weeks.
She's now almost 5 months and the most cuddly, scrumptious thing in the world. ( not biased of course )

Lj8893 Thu 25-Jul-13 10:28:08

My dp really longed for a boy, he has grown up with his mum and 4 sisters and never had a close male relative so was really hoping for a boy.
However, we have been told its likely to be a girl and I felt so bad for him, but he's actually delighted!!! He sees me with my dad and how much of a daddy's girl I am and is excited to have that relationship with his daughter.

And I'm another one that hated my brother when we were younger, I was horrible to him and we fought all the time. Now, in our early 20s, he is one of my closest friends.

Pentagon Thu 25-Jul-13 11:12:10

Creamtea, I couldn't agree more! Like you, I have a brother who's 2 years younger and we have nothing in common - we didn't get on at all while growing up, things are a bit better now but I wouldn't say we're particularly close. I think parents prefer to have one of each as, admittedly, there is more balance in the family but for children it is often better to have a sibling of the same sex (this is a generalisation of course...I know brothers and sisters who get on perfectly well)

I have a 2.5 year-old DD and I'm now 26 weeks pregnant with number 2. I was convinced this was a boy and was a bit shocked when the scan revealed a second girl. But I always wished for a sister so I am hoping that my 2 girls will get on and be close.

Saying that if I have another child I would like it to be a boy - DH has 2 older sisters (twins) and he loved it while growing up...he would like to see the pattern repeated smile

MultipleMama Thu 25-Jul-13 20:02:55

Finally decided on a name for his twin sister smile

CPtart Thu 25-Jul-13 21:01:04

I would have loved one of each but have two DS. Several years on and their relationship is fantastic. I may have missed out on having a DD but for them thee is no doubt in my mind that a sibling of the same gender is absolutely the best thing for them.

ch1134 Fri 26-Jul-13 11:37:30

Just to add to creamtea's argument - I am one of 4 girls and am incredibly close to all my sisters. It's been such a blessing to grow up like that. They are still my best friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now