Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Signs of a Breech Baby?

(7 Posts)
Susie888 Tue 09-Jul-13 12:18:00

Hi,

I am currently 36 weeks ish pregnant. At my last antenatal appointment I had a new midwife who I had not seen before. She examined my belly and said that the baby might/probably was breech (ie bum down not head down). To confirm I have a presentation next week when I will be almost 38 weeks.

Can someone please tell me what the symptons for Breech are. Here is what I am currently experiencing: Kicks/knocks (sometimes a bit painful) to what feels like just above my pubic bone/around that area. Most of my knocks/kicks or whatever they are are around or below my belly button. I get quite a lot of movement around my belly button and either side. I do not get much movement/signs of movement in the top half of my bump.

I have not been pregnant before so I am not sure what the sensations/call them knocks are ie foot or arm. All I know is that I get strong movements with 'bits' of the baby sometimes poking out with the knock but I don't feel any excessive pressure under my rib cage (like i say though I have nothing to compare this to and think I have quite a tough bod).

Are any of these signs of breech or could this just be either? The midwife did a check of where the heart beat was to see if she could determine and seemed to still want to do a scan so I assumed she still thinks from that he is breech.

grants1000 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:01:09

My midwife was convinced my 2nd DS was breech, but it was his backside under my ribs to the left not his head, confirmed by scan the next day when into labour 3 weeks early.

So I think the unhelpful answer I am giving you is that sometimes it's hard to tell from just feeling, so the scan will confim, but the baby could/could not turn before and after the scan!

Susie888 Tue 09-Jul-13 16:08:52

thanks, yes I know I should just wait for scan. I hate the waiting in pregnancy! If only I were rich I would be booking into scans and getting all the info every second!

insanityscratching Tue 09-Jul-13 16:10:53

With ds i had a hard lump under my ribs and plenty of kicks to the bladder as he was a footling breech. I felt much more uncomfortable and more breathless than I did with my others who weren't breech.

Chumble Tue 09-Jul-13 16:26:19

Would second what insanityscratching says.

DS head was right up under my ribcage so I found it difficult to eat a lot and it was very hard up under my ribcage. Drumming when he was kicking in pubic area too.

Had experienced a non breech baby first time around.

Mine went undetected and he was delivered naturally with no intervention or problems in hospital!

Fragglewump Tue 09-Jul-13 16:27:44

My breech pregnancy was a totally different shape. My belly looked kind of rectangle not round!

insanityscratching Tue 09-Jul-13 16:39:53

Yes like Chumble I lost my appetite as there didn't seem enough room for me to eat. Ds used to push up with his head which really hurt whereas with the others the movement came from their legs rather than their bum so had more kicks to the side rather than pressure to the top under my ribs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now